Chapter 50: Fire Meets Ice

Passion Papillon

Sweet Mother Keeper of Time.

I have sincere hate towards the universe and the unravelling ways it bears. I utterly hate how Sweet Mother Keeper of Time uses her connection with the universe to unravel - or rather - to discover any hidden action and present it to the light. Sweet Mother Keeper of Time has no secrets, and even if she had any she wouldn't be able to keep them. As a matter of fact, that is my only problem with the first word to her title: "sweet". Because she is nothing of the sort. She is unthoughtful. Selfish. And nosy.

My ravishing mother crosses her long legs then uncrosses them repeatedly. Principal Henry taps his fingers in his large, old desk in a piano like playing rhythm. Charles, the Future Seer, my brother, "the perfectly gifted and most perfect child of Gabriel", shifts his silver eyes to gawk at me then the left corner of his full lips lift to smirk. While I sit rigid and expressionless to... well...appeal decipherable. But deep within my insides are churning.

"I tried to warn her," Charles must be saying to me in his head, "I tried to warn mother not to step out of that door because I knew how she would react if she did. But, oh mother is the smart and mature one, isn't she? She always knows what's best, right?"

I wasn't gifted with telepathy powers or mind reading wonders the second I was pushed out of my mother's womb and onto the whimsical lands of Lumea Timpului. I was gifted with the ability of great observance as the cherry on top of my truth revealing but cursed gift. By myself.

Yes.

I granted me that ability because I simply deserve it and there's no other better reason for it.

Besides, I know how Charles speaks of our mother when she's out of earshot.

He's sarcastic. And wise. Sometimes too wise.

Like Hawk.

The boy they caught hanging their dearest Evelyn upside down like a sack of potatoes over his broad shoulder. The boy I will not admit to his bewitching face that he is indeed wise. The same boy I will not accept that I do lo-

The dean interrupts my thoughts by suddenly clapping his big hands. Causing me to jump. I slip my sweaty palm - that's slightly damped because of the fair thought of Jules tattooed neck and naked chest that popped in my head out of the blue - and accidentally bump into my mom's arm the same way my small back bumped into Hawk's bejewelled ear. The gasp that erupts from me isn't frightened or shocked.

It is passionate. Like my name.

"I- I- uh...my hand slipped..." I was at a loss for words.

The bond between Jules and I was getting stronger. But I didn't want it to.

The silence that burst from mother was exceedingly loud. A flinch didn't become of her, not even a wince, a 'gah' or a click of her ruthless tongue. She remained hardcore rigid in her golden flesh and locked her icy blue eyes at the dean.

"Uh," Principal Henry hesitated. His coffee stained tongue licked his dry lips wet. He harrumphed. "Shall I begin? Uh, firstly with the main reason why I called you here and the many other reasons involving the endless shenanigans your daughter has had her hands i-"

Mother groaned and I could finally breathe again. "Get this done and over with," she gruffly commanded without knowing.

Henry spoke dutifully like a gun was pointed to his aging skull. His not-so-looking-silver-metallic-hair bobbing at his own rushed words, as if he were talking to nobody else in this room but his now controlled self.

Her Pacifier: Secrets From The Pastजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें