Chapter 76

Injurias Relictas

The Injuries Left Behind

(Part 2)

7:00 pm

Ah! - Jungkook screamed as he was slammed against the shelves for the third time.

- TELL ME! - Evans screamed in his face, grabbing him so harshly by the upper arms that Jungkook could feel his blood wasn't reaching his hands.

Jungkook didn't answer him.

Evans bared his teeth and shook with fury.

- What use are you if you're someone else's toy... - He muttered between greeted teeth. - What value do you have if you've been touched? - His hands tightened and Jungkook cried out, closing his eyes even more. - You're nothing if you're not my student, my toy, mine alone. Nothing. - He whispered. - Say that you're mine. Say that you're my toy. Say it. -

Jungkook shook, terrified, and hurt all over. There was a ringing in his ears and his legs felt weak even if his feet weren't touching the ground. He was very dizzy, it had started since the first slam against the shelves when he hit the back of his head and now he can't feel the tips of his fingers. He couldn't understand Evans' words. He couldn't listen correctly. He wasn't even sure why he was being slammed, why he was being punished.

Evans growled and pulled him away from the shelves. Warning bells rang in Jungkook's mind and he did the only thing he could think of to survive. Hastily and with weak arms, he wrapped them around Evans' shoulders and pulled him closer as if in a hug.

Evans let go of him abruptly and his feet hit the floor at a wrong angle, making Jungkook hold on even tighter to him.

Jungkook was shaking with silent sobs and gasps. He could recognize this scent, he could feel the weakest part of him, the child within, wanting to cry out for his friend, the first person who painted with him and read to him and played with him. That child missed his friend. Jungkook breathed in his scent in sobs and shook with the effort it took to remember who he really was. Then, a wide hand was stroking his hair in soft motions. And the suffering, the need to have all the pain stopping, made Jungkook accept the touch.

As softly as the hand stroked his hair, as gently as the other one wrapped around him, Jungkook's sobs subsided bit by bit. Relief was washing over him as all the fight left his body. He felt so little in such strong arms, so vulnerable to keep being hurt that he stopped thinking of ways of getting out of there, preferring this treatment to the other one he will surely receive if he kept on fighting.

7:10 pm

After a while, he felt the chest against him give a great sigh, and closed his eyes, praying the worst to be over. Then, he felt the vibrations of a deep voice as he spoke.

- Little Jungkook... What should I do with you? - He asked, and then stayed silent.

Thinking he was waiting for an answer, Jungkook hastened to give one.

- N–No more fighting...? - He was shaking, it was audible in his voice and fear rose in him at the thought that he might not like it.

- That can only happen if you do what I say. - He answered gently. - Will you do what I say? -

- Yes. - Something inside Jungkook cracked when he said it.

- Good. Now, tell me... Who left those marks on you, Jungkook? - Evans' voice went darker than before.