Chapter 56

Pluviam Teri

Pounding Rain

Jungkook's heart started palpitating the second he heard Taehyung moaning in pain. He couldn't see his face as his cheek was against the wall while Yoongi pinned him with an arm bent behind him. And his mind raced with the knowledge that...

...Taehyung had no idea who these people were.

Let go of him. - Jungkook said in a low voice, almost normal were not for the way his eyes were as wide as they could be while he looked straight at Garrett. But it wasn't he who answered.

- Yoongi, let go. - Hoseok commanded without ever taking his wide eyes off Jungkook.

The other one did as he was told, stepping back from Taehyung and letting him go only to turn to the kitchen and turn on all the lights in the apartment. Jungkook saw how Taehyung groaned and held his hurt arm close to his chest as he turned around hastily to look at him. He was terrified and panicked as he looked at the backs of the two in their midst.

The moment all the lights were turned on, the wind started to push the rain to hit the tall windows.

- What is going on? - Taehyung asked breathlessly as he looked at all the newcomers in turn. But Jungkook knew he was much more in distress than the small question would allow understanding.

Jungkook also had not a single clue as to why they had all burst thru the door as they had, nor why they were so desperate all of a sudden, all he knew was that his heart ached at the sight of Taehyung being so confused and scared even if none of them were looking at him. So, his foot took a step towards him, longingly.

But Hoseok took a step forward as well.

Jungkook stopped once more and looked at him. He couldn't discern anything from just his alarmed stare alone other than the fact that they didn't want them to be close to each other. It made him see red, but it also made his heart start aching as it began to question and formulate and think.

He glanced, the moment Taehyung straightened up from the wall as his eyes focused on Hoseok's back with blooming anger, so, Jungkook -panicked- raised his hands high enough to be seen as surrender. And, once he had everyone's attention, he said as calmly as the pouring rain could allow him,

- Let's sit down and talk, alright? - He said it slowly, still with his eyes wide due to his own fear still rushing through his veins. He felt like he was trapped with snakes and had to move as slowly as humanly possible so as to not be bitten. Either by them or his own head.

Hoseok gave a slow, single nod, and then pointed with his arm straight towards the living room.

- Please. - Was all he said to make him move.

Jungkook did, still with palms up at each side of his face, and walked straight to one of the single couches paralleled to the large couch by the other side of the coffee table, always with his eyes on Hoseok. He sat down stiffly and then flinched when the guy turned around swiftly and motioned for Taehyung to do the same.

He saw as Taehyung swallowed and stood still, next to the wall. As if he was debating something really fast.

- You're not faster than me. Don't even try. - Yoongi stopped him before he could even move and Taehyung's head snapped towards him as he stood next to the opening to the kitchen with his long-sleeve-covered arms crossed over his chest.

Jungkook watched as Taehyung's chest expanded in defiance and his body tensed with adrenaline. Panic rose in Jungkook at the sight of Yoongi doing just the same, and the image of Leo's bruise came back to him at once before he gasped,