Chapter 50

Utrimque Pudor Patris Sui

The Shame of his Father

It was around eleven in the morning, and Jungkook was rinsing his mouth off in the sink of the bathroom at the gym of the university. He had been violently sick just now and was merely grateful that nobody had been in there when he barged in. And he was still grateful that no one was entering while he caught a breath.

It hadn't been the breakfast the cook made for him so generously the one responsible for this, it hadn't even been that he had maybe started to workout before his body was ready, no, the responsible for all of this was his brain. Once it was able to unclog itself and function, every single thing he had been denying and ignoring since he woke up -or even since the night before- came in full force once more. It was like a wave drowning him, and then he would just go harder with the workout, but it just wore him out and he ended up sinking until he couldn't tell what was wrong or right, and once he took a breath, he ran as fast as he could towards the bathrooms near the pool.

It had been a terrible ordeal, he had no idea how long he'd been in here. He vomited everything he could give while his mind bombarded him with questions and his heart rate accelerated until his chest hurt, so then he had a panic attack because he believed he was about to die or that these people were out to kill him or to take him away or anything at all and he had to run, he had to run but his legs wouldn't move because his body was tired, and he fell to the bathroom floor, crying his eyes out once he was finally able to breathe a painful breath, and he cried and cried for everything that was happening, questioning why it was happening to him, needing Taehyung with him, feeling cold as the sweat on him froze, feeling disgusting exactly because he was covered in sweat and tears and had been laying down on a bathroom floor. So he stood up on weak legs and walked over to the sink, all because he was feeling disgusted with himself.

But now, his head had cool down again, so he was able to rethink and realize that he, in fact, was not disgusted with himself in any other aspect that wasn't the grime over his skin; he also didn't think his life was that bad considering how Taehyung was now in it, and finally... he tried to stop thinking again because it was indeed not good for him. If anything, this whole experience had taught him that all of these thoughts were better left untouched, so he tried once again to ignore the questions, deny the facts, and hide away the evidence. Simple as that.

Thankfully, his bag was in a locker in that same bathroom, so he opened it with the key they gave him at the reception upon entering the gym and took it to go straight to one of the showers. That would be enough workout for the day, now he needed some warm water and self-love for a few long minutes.

Leo hissed and, before he could fall, held himself up with the wall beside him. That stupid injury just got worse, now his whole leg wasn't numb, it was in utter pain, along with the whole right side of his body. He just had to listen to the enemy, didn't he?

- ...maybe--

- I'm not going to the hospital wing, Finn. - He said with gritted teeth to the one beside him and then did his best to continue their walk towards one of the private rooms so they could stretch. Because why not finish what they started? Even if it's turning out to be one of the worst ideas he had ever received.