Chapter 55

VALETUDO

THE CURSE

It had all been just as beautiful and unproblematic as Jungkook believed it would be.

The sun had shined over them as they ate and then the sky had gone darker as they laid on that duvet looking up at the sky, tangled and hugging close, talking in whispers so as to not disturb the beauty of that moment, giggling in each other's ears whenever one of them got cheeky, and kissing... oh... kissing softy.

Once it was "dark enough" -as Jungkook had called it- they put everything back inside the bag, wearing a tiny smile each, and then kissed each other one last time before departing in different ways. Yet smiling brightly, knowing they'll meet again at the black glass double doors of the Professors' Living Area.

All the while Jungkook walked, he begged nothing and no one would stop him from getting there, or stop them at any point of the night. He avoided the crowded places, mostly the corridors leading to the cafeteria since at six o'clock was usually when they started serving dinner and instead walked fast thru more narrow ones.

But just when he was going around the library, his father turned the corner at the end of that corridor as he talked in rapid, angry whispers with his friend Evans.

Instead of his body freezing in place, a bolt of lightning made him run back to the side door of the library, and he went in. Once there, he walked fast and silently, with one hand holding his backpack strap and the other holding his coat thru desolated tables as he tried to get to the door at the other side.

When someone suddenly stopped him.

He turned around in panic as someone gripped his wrist. But it was only Namjoon, so he sighed in relief. The latter let go of him, breathless just like him as if he had run to catch him, and without saying a word, he nodded towards the librarian's desk a bit away from there with a stare that could only mean urgency. However, Jungkook grimaced a bit.

- I'm kind of running late somewhere else, I'm sorry. - He would hate it if he made Taehyung wait. Also if, because of it, he saw his father again.

His body stilled over a bit as he looked around the library, trying to see the outside from the wide windows towards the inside of the University. But then Namjoon neared him enough to whisper,

- Are you going to meet with that Professor? - Jungkook nodded without looking at him, but Namjoon tugged on his wrist again. - I need to tell you something important. It's about the white pavilion. -

Jungkook snapped his head back at him, his attention grabbed entirely, but instead of going where he wanted to take him, which would no wonder be thru the trap door and down the hidden stairs, he gave a pinch to Namjoon's shirt and took a step back, letting it go as he continued walking to indicate that he should follow. So he took him closer to the side doors where he would be closer to Taehyung's classroom and, in the dim light next to a bookshelf, he finally looked back at him and said,

- I'll come here tomorrow so you can tell me everything, but just for right now, we have three minutes. Go. -

Namjoon widened his eyes and gaped at him.

- Oh, no. Uuuuuu..... - He averted his eyes and tried to think fast as he placed his hands flat over his tensed stomach.

Jungkook saw this and wonder aloud,

- And you're with Seokjin? Jesus. - It still baffled him. But Namjoon frowned a bit at the floor.

- He never puts me under pressure. - He muttered as he thought of something else. It intrigued Jungkook then, about just how different this cold man could be with Namjoon.