Chapter 49

Non magis cerebrum

No more brain

Sunday 15th of September, ?:?? AM Jungkook's room in Evanthe.

Slowly, Jungkook gained consciousness as he woke up. But didn't open his eyes just yet since he was too comfortable for that. The night before, he had barely had enough strength to stand up from the floor and change to go to sleep.

Yesterday had been too long and tough, beautiful in some parts, awful in others. Just like his life usually was, it seemed. But last night another new thing took place when Jimin asked him without words if he would sleep with him. He had simply made Tom -who had brought his own bedclothes with him- move back until his backside hit the wall and then looked up at Jungkook with red puffy eyes while he pushed the covers back from beside him. So, the three of them slept in the same bed.

But it had all been worth it the second he snuggled close to them and Jimin let out a tiny little sigh. Sometimes in the night, Tom would reach over to put his hand on his waist, but Jungkook, as tired as ever of this demeanor, would always take his hand and place it onto Jimin's stomach instead. However, even with this, he slept nicely; they were snuggling in close and it felt all warm.

But now, he was awake.

Jungkook sighed deeply and blinked his eyes open, his nose was in near contact with Jimin's neck and, because of that, he was just able to see the white scars on his pale skin. But he looked away. Since Jimin hadn't permitted him to look at his skin that closely, he gently and slowly tried to shimmy away so he could stand up from the bed.

But his attempts were stopped immediately.

He looked down and there it was, Tom, grabbing his waist again. However, this time it was a much harder grip than just a simple palm over him. Jungkook looked up and met Tom's eyes at the other side of Jimin's neck. Only his eyes were discerned by the blanket hiding the rest of his face, and his eyes were as sharp and demanding as his hand. Jungkook sighed in exasperation and tried to take his hand off of him again, but he only grabbed him tighter, hurting him in the process which made him wince. He bit his lip inside his mouth in pain and remembered how just the day before Tom had grabbed him in a back hug that left red patches along his midriff, so he let go of his hand and hid his face under Jimin's shoulder.

He was trying to make Tom ease his grip by doing nothing. Meaning: he was doing exactly what he wanted him to do. It felt sick to have to do this and some part of him felt like muscle memory by doing something like this, but still, he tried to stay as still as possible. But, once the grip on him had eased, he pushed himself as hard as he could out of the bed until he fell onto the floor along with his own blanket.

He stood up breathlessly as Jimin jumped awake in terror and Jungkook looked at Tom with an accusatory stare while the latter simply sat up slowly, like a lion with his prey.

- What the fuck is your problem, man? - Jungkook's fists curled up at each side of him as he frowned.

Jimin looked rapidly from one to the other and then pushed himself back until he was flattened against the headboard. Now, there was nothing between Tom and Jungkook.

The former looked at him like he had done him the worst unfairness of his life and slowly positioned himself over his knees. Then he sighed.

- I only want a hug. - He shrugged, like it was nothing, like he wasn't looking at him angrily.