City of love

Another night at the same place, she decided to finish her homework at the same Starbucks she always used to go to, and she sat at her usual spot. Y/N works as a New York State Trooper in the Intelligence division. She was visiting New York City to help the NYPD with a current case that she was working on in her department. She ordered her regular and started to work, it was closer to 6 pm when someone entered the store.

Usually, that Starbucks is quiet around that time because it is a little away from midtown. A perfect place to sit peacefully and work. The person who came was wearing all black and sat a little far but across Y/N. He ordered Iced Americano and sat there in peace, he was wearing a black baseball cap, black mask, black pants, and black dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up. The tattoos on the sleeve of that person were very prominent, and they look attractive.

Y/N was busy with her work because she was taking summer classes at Harvard Law School and was working on her assignment because with a full-time job she has to stay on top of her studies because Harvard is not a school that one can take easy, hard work is the key to success and that is all you have to do when you are in Harvard.

That person was on his phone and sipping his Iced Americano when he had a sudden glance at Y/N and he almost choked on his Iced Americano. She did not hear him choking because she was listening to music and working. He saw a girl so beautiful, the one who had him choking, someone who stopped his heart for a second, someone who had him questioning everything. But he kept it together and got back to drinking his coffee.

Y/N was so lost in her work she did not even bother to look around her. Y/N always likes to keep herself busy and stay away from people, because of her having social-anxiety issues. Y/N lives in Upstate New York and works there, while her parents and her younger brother live in California. Y/N is from a very rich family, her parents are multi-millionaires, but her parents always taught her to be humble and kind, and never get her being rich makes her mean. She never cares about the money she has or her family has, she still works a full-time job and pays for her college, even though she does not even need that job. She does not have any friends, because a lot of people do not like the cops and wanted her to leave her job. But being a cop was all that she ever dreamed of, so with a heavy heart, she had to let go of her friends and was left alone. Being alone and away from family was not easy for her but with time she got over it, got used to being alone, and became cold with any kind of relationship. One person Adam, her partner, the one she met while she was in the Police academy, and became her best friend the one who she can lean on when she is alone, a shoulder she can cry on when she had a bad exhausting day at work, someone who is always there for her. But they are more like brother and sister and they know it.

The night went by it is 8:45 pm Starbucks is about to close and she is wrapping up her stuff ready to leave. That person is looking at her and praying for the time to stop for him so he can look at her just a little longer. But he can only pray for that, but he saw her grabbing her things and leaving right in front of her eyes. Not knowing what all of it was if it was reality or a dream, he held on to those beautiful moments and the face that he captured in his eyes and painted it on to his heart. He left even though wanted to stay there a little longer, once she left he didn't want to be in that place alone. That night when he laid down in his five-star hotel's comfortable bed, he could not sleep, his heart was not at ease. All he could see with his closed eyes were Y/N, her eyes when she was looking around to see the people walking outside, the frown on her face when she was focusing on her laptop and was anxious about her work, her lips when she sipped her drink, her hands when she was typing on her laptop. And with that he stayed up all night, waiting for the next day to start already, waiting for 6 pm already so he can go back to the same place where he first saw the woman who took his breath away.