Artistic Attempts

Magsimula sa umpisa

Dan holds his hands up in surrender, laughing guiltily and looking sheepish. "Sorry. I just worked it out from when you told the receptionist your birthday."

You roll your eyes playfully at him. It suddenly dawns on you that you should probably ask their ages too to keep up the act of not being a viewer of theirs. "How old are you both?"

"Twenty four," Dan replies.

"I'm twenty eight," Phil says with a small smile. "You're the youngest then, Y/n! You go first." He offers you the bowl.

You rummage around in it and pick a slip of paper at random. You unfold it, reading the word aloud.

"Thor. Oh dear," you say with a laugh. You look over to Phil. "Is there a time limit?"

"Um... how about a minute?"

"Okay," you accept, taking up your marker in your hand and trying to imagine how you're going to draw the majestic God of Thunder.

"Your time starts... now!" Phil exclaims.

You close your eyes and begin to draw, trying your best to get everything in proportion, but probably failing quite badly as you're only guessing where to put his facial features.

Dan laughs from beside you, and you smile at the sound, mumbling "Shut up, Lettuce Man."

After a while, Phil says "Time's up!" and you stop drawing, opening your eyes. You immediately burst into laughter at the sight of your page. Thor's eyes and nose are blended into each other, and you forgot to give him a neck. He looks mildly terrifying.

You turn your drawing around to face the camera, still laughing. "I think it's safe to say I didn't do him justice," you admit, showing it to Dan and Phil too. They both laugh at your attempt.

"You can still tell that it's a person?" Dan offers, his statement sounding more like a question.

"You don't sound too sure of yourself there, Danny boy," Phil says with a chuckle.

Dan shushes his friend and reaches into the bowl, pulling out a small piece of paper and unfolding it. He laughs.

"What is it?" you ask curiously.

He shows you the piece of paper. It has your name on it. You grin. "I have to draw Y/n," Dan announces.

"Draw me like one of your French girls," you quote, wiggling your eyebrows at him and then winking at the camera seductively.

Dan laughs and looks down at his page, his cheeks tinted with a pale pink. He clears his throat at looks at Phil. Phil gets the message, and starts the time.

Once the portrait - if you could even call it that - is finished, Dan holds it up to the camera, chuckling at the result. He lets you both look at it too.

"It's not... awful," he says after a while, seemingly having struggled to think of a fitting adjective.

"I'm lost for words, Dan. It's just so... beautiful," you whisper, clutching your hand to your heart. "I honestly think that this-" you pause to hold up his drawing. "This is my best self - maybe I should get plastic surgery to look like her!"

The two men laugh. Dan looks mildly disturbed. "Now that's a mental image I didn't ask for," he says with a chuckle.

*le time skip*

You've all had about 3 turns in the game now, and Phil is just finishing his last one up. He had to draw Pikachu, and so far the little yellow pokémon is looking... interesting.

"Time's up!" Dan announces in his best game show host voice.

Phil puts his pen down and opens his eyes, jumping a bit at his creation.