He broke his promise

Bumpy came to an abrupt stop as a scream of agony echoed throughout the valley. I opened my mouth to say something but no words came out, just sobs. 

"Ben... We need to find a place to hide." Yasmina said, hugging me from behind. I twitched, making Yasmina pull her hands away. I sighed before signaling to Bumpy to carry on. 

We eventually found a secluded area surrounded by trees and had a ledge covering it as shelter. We dismounted Bumpy and carefully pulled Blue off, resting her on the grass. Yasmina and Sammy were comforting Kenji who was resting against the stone wall that was further underneath the ledge. 

I sat far away from the others, just barely underneath the shelter.

Brooklynn died, she sacrificed herself for me, why me? I'm useless. And Darius... He sacrificed himself for all of us, for Blue. I felt tears uncontrollably roll down my face. 

He broke his promise.

I pulled my knees up to my face and hugged them tightly, rocking back and forth. My body trembled as I sobbed and sobbed, Bumpy by my side nudging me every few moments in attempt to comfort me. 

The sky soon became clouded and raindrops started to fall, falling onto my shoes that were just outside the shelter. The ground quickly became muddy and I bit my lip, thinking about Brooklynn and Darius laying on a hill getting rained on. 

My heart sunk deeper as I realized they both sacrificed themselves for us, but we were probably going to get found anyways. I clenched my right fist and began hitting my arm.

Why did Brooklynn sacrifice herself for me? I'm too stupid for this, I'm clumsy, and irresponsible. 

My thoughts were soon interrupted when Yasmina put her hand on my shoulder before hugging my tightly. Sammy soon joined and Kenji wrapped his singular arm around us. We all stayed like that, sobbing and crying, none of us wanted to let go.

We had just lost two of our best friends, and although Brooklynn was being a bit of an asshole, she didn't deserve death. She didn't need to sacrifice herself. 

We all pulled away from the hug when a loud Bang could be heard from somewhere in the distance. 

"We need to get rid of them." Kenji said. Sammy and Yasmina both nodded in agreement.

"How though?" I asked.

"We take them out one by one." Yasmina said.

"Still, how though?" I repeated.

Yasmina, Sammy and Kenji all shrugged, not knowing how. I wiped my tears as I began to focus, my heart still aching. 

"Perhaps if we lead them to main street we can use the T-Rex to get rid of a few..." Kenji suggested. I nodded. 

"How would we lead them to main street?" Sammy asked.

"When Blue recovers we could probably use her as bait, she just can't get caught." Kenji said.

"No." I said. "We aren't using Blue." I said bluntly. Yasmina looked at me with a sad expression before looking back up at Kenji.

"Then what are we supposed to do?" Yasmina asked. 

We all shrugged before looking at the slowly darkening sky.

"Perhaps we should sleep on it." Sammy said. Kenji and Yasmina both nodded.

"I'll stay on lookout." I said with a sincere smile, the darkness hiding my tear-stained cheeks. Yasmina sighed before responding.

"Alright, wake us up if you need to swap." She said before laying down on the grass, her hand entangled with Sammy's.

After a while I noticed their breathing had changed, meaning they had all fallen asleep. I leaned against Bumpy and stared up at the sky, my heart ached but my tears had run dry. I let the rain drip onto my shoes, soaking them. 

I'm going to get us all off of this horrible island, no matter what it takes. 

A/N

Sorry again for the short chapter. The next chapter will be longer, I promise!