One by one

I woke up in the morning resting against Bumpy.

"Morning!" Sammy said as she noticed I was awake.

"Good morning," I replied before sneezing. Sammy sighed.

"Did you stay out here in the rain all night?" She asked. I hesitantly nodded and she came over and hugged me tightly.

"He broke his promise..." I muttered. Sammy pulled away from the hug and rested her hands on my shoulder.

"Darius may have broken his promise, but he did keep us alive, and we have to thank him for that." Sammy said with a warm smile. I smiled back at her. "Now, Darius wouldn't want us pouting about so come on, let's go find Kenji and Yasmina, they should be by the docks." She stated, tugging on my arm.

I sneezed again before getting up and mounting Bumpy, helping Sammy on too. We then made our way down to the docks.

"Hey." Yasmina greeted us when we arrived. I left Bumpy snuggled with some bushes a little ways back so she wouldn't blow out our location.

"Hiya." Sammy responded as she crouched down next to her girlfriend, kissing her on the cheek before turning to examine the camp.

"There's four groups of armed men, perhaps we could each take one?" Kenji suggested, although it was more of a questionable statement.

"Too risky, there's three men in each group and there would only be one of us." I responded bluntly. Yasmina and Sammy both nodded in agreement, knocking that idea away.

I held back a cough which then made my throat tickle. I turned away and quietly coughed into my arm, hoping not to alert any of the men.

I soon turned back as Kenji shushed me with his finger. Pointing to one of the men who had come awfully close to the bushes. I held my breath, trying not to get caught.

The guard began creeping closer to the bushes, inspecting the perimeter. My throat began tickling again.

Shit

I eventually started coughing, drawing the man's attention over to us. Sammy, Yasmina and Kenji looked up at me, frightened. My breath quickly became shaky and I felt like time slowed.

"Run." I whispered, they ran off towards where Bumpy was but I stayed. My stomach churned before I ran off into the camp, gaining that attention of the armed men.

Shit

"Atleast they aren't following the others." I muttered to myself before skidding underneath a table to avoid the gunshots. My eyes widened as I realized what to do.

If the mosasaurus was still alive perhaps I could lead these guys to main street, get half of them taken out by Rexy and the other half taken out by the mosasaurus.

I sighed, the idea was ridiculous but it was all I could think of. I quickly jumped out from under the table and ran full speed to main street, the 12 men following closely behind, occasionally shooting at me.

My hands trembles as I knew this was a mistake, a horrible mistake. But I was already fully pledged into it, it's not like I could turn back now.

As I continued running I thought I saw Blue the raptor lurking in the bushes, but I shook the thought from my head.

No, she should still be asleep from the sedative.

After a while of running I eventually turned back, noticing the amount of men had halved.

What the fuck?

I kept running, glancing back as I heard a familiar screech.

Holy shit, Blue's okay, and she's taking these guys off one by one...

I watched the raptor launch herself onto the man at the back of the group, sinking her teeth into his chest and effectively killing him.

I kept running, and by the time we arrived at main street there were only three of them left.

The three men looked around for their missing companions

"Uh oh, what happened?" I said with a grin before ducking down as one of them fired a shot at me.

The loud bang attracted Rexy and she slowly thundered out of her nesting place, letting out a loud and irritated roar.

"AHHH!" One of the guys screamed before rapidly shooting at her.

The T-rex barely took damage and stomped over to where we were. I shuddered before running off into the forest, soon being stopped by Blue.

"Blue, it's me, Ben." I whispered to the raptor who seemed to understand my words. She clicked her tongue happily as I crouched down next to her, watching as the men failed to defend themselves, eventually getting consumed by the T-rex.

"There you go Rexy, food has been delivered." I said with a slight chuckle before patting Blue on the head.

"Thanks girl." I said to her before running off back to the place we stayed the night before, hoping the others would be there.

Once I arrived back at the spot I was greeted by Sammy and Yaz hugging me tightly.

The soon pulled out of the hug and Kenji came over with an angry expression.

"What were you thinking?!" He yelled.

"I put you guys in danger, so I got you out of it." I replied with a blank expression.

Kenji sighed before pulling me into a hug, his nub reaching as far as it could around me.

"Don't do anything like that again." He whispered to me. I chuckled slightly before pulling out of the hug.

"Blue here helped me." I said, glancing down to the raptor beside me. "She took them out one by one until we got to main Street." I said, gently patting the raptors scales.

I was soon bowled over by an irritated Bumpy.

"Hah! Sorry girl, your great too." I said, slowly standing back on my feet and hugging the Ankylosaurus.

"So... What do we do now?" Sammy asked.

A/N
This one is only a little bit longer than the last chapter but I hope you liked it!
994 words.