Rescued

"What do we do now?" Sammy asked.

Yasmina, Kenji and I all shrugged.

"Well maybe we could beat Mr Kon back to the boat." Sammy suggested hopefully.

"Doubt it, they usually don't go to far so they are probably back at the boat already." I said, sadly ruining the mood.

We all sat down on the grass, not knowing what to do. Eventually we heard a familiar voice.

"Kids, where are you?" The voice called. "We just want the raptor." Mr Kon said as he appeared in the clearing.

I stumbled back, holding Blue tightly.

"Come on, I'll take you home if you just give me the raptor." He said, clearly agitated.

I shook my head and Sammy, Yaz, and Kenji joined me in covering Blue, while Bumpy stood in front of us swinging her tail.

Mr Kon raised the gun he was holding, an evil grin on his face.

"Really? Your lives for a pitiful dinosaur?" Mr Kon scoffed as he aimed the gun at Kenji.  We all closed our eyes, preparing to join Brooklynn and Darius in the afterlife. "I thought you were better than this, Kenji." He said.

Suddenly a loud thump could be heard and Mr Kon fell to the ground. We all glanced up Simultaneously to see Roxie, Dave and presumably Brandon, Darius' brother.

"Are you kids okay?" Roxie said, worried as she stared at us, her expression showing only worry. She then stumbled backwards as she noticed the raptor behind us.

"It's okay, She's Blue. Darius' dinosaur." Kenji said.

"Darius has a pet dinosaur?" Dave asked, impressed. I frowned at the word 'has' it wasn't has anymore it was had. Darius had a pet dinosaur, but now he doesn't, because of me...

Sammy nodded with a warm smile before scrambling to her feet and running up to Roxie, hugging her tightly. Yasmina followed and Kenji and I got up, rushing over to Dave and hugging him.

We stayed there for a while, the silence mocked with quiet sobs of happiness. After a while the quiet sobbing was broken by Brandon speaking.

"Where's Darius?" He asked, my shoulders dropped and I sunk into the hug as my knees almost collapsed. 

"Ben..?" Dave said as he noticed my change in body language. We all eventually pulled away from the hugs and Sammy, Yasmina and Kenji all stepped back slightly. 

Brandon gasped, a sad expression on his face.

"But... He... He called me..." He muttered, fumbling with his words.

"He got stabbed by my father..." Kenji replied with a frown, soon awkwardly looking to the side. Brandon collapsed to the ground sobbing, Roxie and Dave comforting him. 

"Your brother was a hero, Brandon... He saved all these kids..." Roxie said with a smile. "Speaking of kids... We should get you four to the helicopter." She added. Brandon eventually got up, his breath shaky. 

"Helicopter..?" Yaz said in slight disbelief.

"Yes, helicopter. You guys are going home bro!" Dave cheered before picking up his baseball bat and hitting Mr Kon on the head again, noticing he had started to wake up. 

"Could we go see Darius first..?" Brandon asked. Everyone hesitantly nodded. I soon mounted Bumpy and helped everyone on, Blue following behind us as we made our way to the spot they perished in. 

We eventually arrived, only to see a half-eaten Brooklynn corpse and Dairus gone. 

"Holy crap." Dave said, holding his hand over his mouth as if he was about to vomit.