Survival

Darius' POV:

My eyes slowly flickered open as my chest ached. I looked around in pain, confused. The sound of rushing water filling my ears.

"Where... Where am I..?" I muttered as I slowly attempted sitting up, being stopped by a severe pain in my chest. "Agh!" I yelled, putting my hand over my chest.

"Oh Love, you're awake!" A familiar voice said. "Please, rest." It said. I looked over to where the voice was coming from and saw Mae.

"Mae..?" I muttered weakly. 

"Hello, Love." She said with a friendly smile.

"Where are we..?" I asked.

"We're still on Isla Nublar." She said with a frown. "I'm sorry, I think your friends left..." She muttered sadly. My eyebrows furrowed and I felt tears fog up my eyes. We were alone, on Isla Nublar. I sighed before slowly sitting up, resting against a rock. 

"You alright love?" Mae said, worried. I nodded slightly, trying to hold back sobs. 

"Why are you here..?" I questioned.

"When Daniel returned to Mantah Corp island so soon I knew something was up, so when he mentioned coming here I asked if I could join him but he declined, so I took my own boat and about a day after he got here I arrived at the dock by the penthouse." She explained. "I wanted to see if you 6 were here, and warn you that Daniel is still working with Biosyn... But I was unable to find you before the incident."

I nodded, remembering the horrid incident that occured roughly two days ago.

"Is everyone else alright?" I asked, hoping they got off the island alright. She nodded.

"I saw them run off but I wanted to help you before chasing after them." She said. "I'm sorry I couldn't save Brooklynn,  she was already long gone by the time I got to you." She added, frowning. 

I smiled warmly at her. "It's alright, it's not your fault." I said, noticing her guilty look. She smiled at me before walking over. 

"Mind if I check how your wound is doing?" She asked. I nodded, making a slight hissing sound as she gently touched the bandage that was wrapped around my chest. "Oh, right... I forgot to tell you..." She muttered slightly.

"I had to remove one of your kidneys..." She said hesitantly. My eyes widened.

"WHAT?!" I yelled. 

"It was damaged and-" She said, cutting herself off. "I needed to otherwise you would've died." She continued. 

I turned away from her, vomiting.

"Do you even know how to do operations?!" I asked when I turned back. She shrugged.

"Well I've done plenty on dinosaurs before and the surgery seemed to be successful because your awake..." She said. I shrugged, she had a point.

I sighed. "Okay, just don't do that again." I said, slightly creeped out. She laughed out loud before re-bandaging my wound and grabbing a few berries.

"Here." She said, handing them to me.

"Thanks," I responded before chucking a few into my mouth.

Suddenly the bushes around us rustled, letting us know that something big was around. I scrambled backward as a dinosaur leapt out of the bushes and towards me. I braced for unavoidable impact and closed my eyes.

I shortly opened them and looked at the two dinosaurs in front of me, it was just Bumpy and Blue. I sighed, relieved. Mae had toppled over, pointing a pocket knife at the dinosaurs.

"Calm down, calm down." I said. "It's just Blue and Bumpy." I added.

"Just Blue and Bumpy?" She repeated, confused. I nodded my head before telling them both to come closer. Bumpy laid herself in between Mae and I and Blue rested her head on my legs.

"Yeah, they were apart of our pack, Ben, Blue, Brooklynn, Bumpy, me, Kenji, Sammy, Yasmina." I said, stating out names in alphabetical order.

"Wait a minute..." I muttered as realization hit me. "If you have a boat, can't we just leave this island?" I asked. Mae shook her head sadly.

"When I returned to the boat last night to check on it and hopefully take you to it this morning it had several holes in it, probably due to dinosaurs and little to no fuel." She said.

I frowned, dissapointed. "We could use items from the island to fix up the boat! That's what we did last time." I said happily.

Over a couple of weeks Mae and I had found one of the old labs and we had turned it into a hopefully temporary home. We had also begun scavenging for supplies and anything that could fix the boat.

Mae was amazed by the discoveries I had made thanks to Blue, the fact that she adapted so quickly to me being in her pack and helped me in all sorts of ways. I also informed her that Blue was able to eat fruit and berries, which Mae found strange since she was a Velociraptor. 

Survival was difficult since we had used most of the leftover supplies last time I was on Isla Nublar, but we managed to find an alright amount of food and Blue kept catching fish for us while Bumpy just stuck to her ferns and berries.

We had made a fairly decent plan for each night. I would stay up on watch for the first half of the night and Mae would stay up for the second half. Sometimes Mae would fall asleep but that was fine, we were in a relatively protected building so there weren't many possible dangers.

It took us roughly a month and a hald to fix up the lab and find the backup generator that Brooklynn told me about when we were dealing with Mitch and Tiff. We managed to turn the power in the lab back on and Mae was able to use the technology in it to learn new things about dinosaurs, of course I did too because who can resist a thrilling dinosaur fact?

Did you know that an Ankylosaurus' tail is strong enough to break bones?

We tried to see if the technology would allow us to call for help but it didn't, it was just there for scientific purposes, which was disappointing but we were able to find more information on what freaky stuff they were planning on doing... Such as a new dinosaur, the Spinosaurolophus rex.

I clicked on the files and my jaw practically fell to the ground.
The Spinosaurolophus Rex was supposed to hatch last week... When we turned the power on, the incubators turned on...
Shit.

A/N
Sorry this is a short chapter, this chapter is basically just here to say how Mae and Darius survived on the island for so long, explaining what they did, how Darius is still alive and stuff. Also sorry for the ending of this chapter, it isn't the best
4 chapters to go! (One chapter is just going to be a photo)