Feelings, am I right?

The others had already fallen asleep, but I was struggling. I couldn't fall asleep knowing we were back on Isla Nublar with no way off of the island, and no hope to survive anymore. 

I slowly got out of bed, I was going to go for a walk, maybe pick some Berries. I shot a glance over at Darius' bed, unable to see him. 

"Darius..?" I whispered, concerned. I looked around the treehouse, unable to find him. "Darius..?" I repeated before climbing down the ladder, looking around for him.

I heard quiet sobs and turned my head to face the direction they came from. My heart dropped as I saw Darius sitting against the tree on the the other side, it was dark so I couldn't completely tell if he was crying but the light sobs proved my thoughts. 

I slowly walked over to him, sitting down next to him and putting my arm around him. 

"Now I officially know something's wrong." I whispered to him, Darius wiped his tears and looked away from me.

"It's nothing, just sick of being trapped on dinosaur islands." Darius responded quietly, his voice cracking. 

"Your feelings aren't nothing, they are valid and you should let others see them." I said, punching his shoulder lightly with a chuckle. Darius smiled slightly before leaning against me again, resting his head on my shoulder. I felt my face grow warm and instantly knew it was quickly becoming a pale pink. 

"Thanks..." Darius croaked before taking a deep breath and slowly falling asleep against me. I smiled, noticing the younger boy had fallen asleep.

What am I doing..? Why do I feel this way? Is this how Yasmina felt about Sammy..?  I thought. Butterflies filling my stomach. I've never had any interest in girls so why do I feel this way about Darius..? I shook my head, disregarding the whirling thoughts.

I woke up in the morning as Yasmina shook me gently. "Ben..?" She muttered as she shook me. "Ben?" She called again.

"Hm?" I responded as I slowly awoke.

"Why'd you fall asleep down here?" She asked. 

"Oh uh... I was just keeping watch." I responded bluntly.

"Oh... Well... Do you want to come pick berries with me?" Yasmina asked, trying to clear the tension between them all. I nodded before responding.

"Sure." I said. Yasmina reached her hand out, offering to help me up. I accepted the help, being pulled quickly up to my feet. "Thanks." I said with a smile before walking off into the forest with Yasmina. 

"Hey, Yas..?" I muttered to her as I picked some berries from a familiar berry bush. 

"Yeah?" She responded. 

"Uhm... I have a question." I said hesitantly. 

"Mhm..?" Yasmina responded, waiting patiently for the question.

"Well... Uh... How did you know you had feelings for Sammy..?" I asked. 

Yasmina paused before a smile appeared on her face.

"Well, I guess I just started getting butterflies in my stomach every time we hugged, I began blushing every time she said something positive about me, or to me, and... I don't know, I've had crushed on boys before so I knew what that was like, it was kind if the same with Sammy just she's a girl." Yasmina responded. "Why?" She then asked.

"Well... I uh..." I muttered, fumbling with my words. 

"Do you have a crush?!" Yasmina exclaimed loudly.

"What?! I... Uh... I..." I responded, caught off guard.

"Who is it?!" She asked excitedly.

"Well..." I was about to admit it, but my mind recoiled to all the times he and Brooklynn were together, and how he acted around Brooklynn. His thoughts soon coming to a conclusion that he probably liked Brooklynn. "It doesn't matter." I muttered a response.

"Yes it does! Who is it!?" She asked again.

"They like someone else, so it doesn't matter, okay?" I said, standing up and tucking the berries I picked into the pack that sat around my waist.

Yasmina frowned. "Oh.." She muttered before following after him. "Sorry.." She said.

"It's okay, I'm not even sure if I actually like them." I said, relaxing myself.

Yasmina shrugged slightly, not knowing what to say. I giggled slightly. 

"You're so great at words." I teased, nudging her slightly. 

We entered back into the clearing, seeing Darius on the floor with Brooklynn in front of him, yelling at him it seemed.

"Hey, what's going on?!" I yelled, running to Darius.