Chapter 15. "Temptation."

The only way to get rid of temptation is to succumb to it.

Lord "Harry" Henry "Dorian Gray" Wotton

On behalf of Edmund:

Yes, temptation is a very scary thing, I've almost never been able to resist it... to me it seems impossible to resist it, it seems to lure you into a terrible trap from which it is very difficult to escape, I could go on describing the power of temptation, but the mood of my friends drove me mad, what kind of day is today?

- How long are we going to be quiet? - I asked them and it was obvious that everyone was hiding something.

- There's not much to talk about... - Sandra took a sip of champagne and said.

- And I ate too much... - Sean leaned back in his chair and stroked his belly.

- Time changes and everyone chooses his own way of life, - Sandra began.

- What's your point, sis? - Sean asked her.

- My point is that it's time for Ed to find a wife...

- What?" Sean choked on his juice.

- I can't imagine what other thoughts you have about me... - I added.

- Why? Don't you have to go? Ed, time's running out on you, you're in your thirties and you're not even married.

- I don't see anything wrong with that... - Sean added.

- That's your opinion and mine says otherwise. - They started arguing.

- Okay, stop," I stopped them, "let's keep my life to myself, I'll decide when I should get married and when I shouldn't, okay?

- I wish you the best...

- What are you talking about? - Sean snapped at her, "You want to marry Ed, don't you? Right, Sandra?  I'm on to you.

- Oh, my God. I put my hands over my face.

- You're wrong, like always, Sean, I have someone I love.

- What? I asked her again.

- What about Ed? You have a problem with that?

- Who is he?

- What difference does it make?" she smiled, "what do you care about me anyway?

- You're my friend.

- Don't lie, Ed. We're strangers to each other.

- That's why you've been treating us like this, isn't it?

- Yeah, you're right.

- Tell me who he is. - I kept up with her.

- You don't need to know," she said, and then she added, "Okay, I have to go. Thank you for dinner. - She got up and headed out the door.

- I'll drive you," I said.

- No need, I'll call you a cab.

- I said I'll take you," I grabbed her hand and squeezed it hard. - Sean go pay the bill," I handed him the card, "waiting for you in the car. - I added and walked out with the girl.

- What the hell is going on here? - I started freaking out when we got out of the restaurant.

- What's wrong, Ed? - She was playing dumb and she knew how unpleasant it was for me to hear.

- Who are you dating?

- Edmund, what business is it of yours?

- I care about you, Sandra. - I said, and then I got in the car, and she sat next to me.