Chapter Eight. ✓

Rebel's Point of View.

   I took a sharp intake of air when my back stung with pain. Carefully, I breathed out. My eyes opened, still droopy from my sleep. I was laying stomach down, my head turned to the side on the pillow. Looking around, my vision was met with Finn’s room. Trying to lift myself up, I found myself in the same jeans from yesterday, but my shirt had been cut open on the back as the flimsy material pooled around my stomach, the hooks of my blue bra on display. Confusion soon turned to anger. Finn had to do this.

   Oh shit, Finn. 

   Memories of the two wolves from yesterday flashed in my mind. They attacked me. One scratched my back. Fluffy saved me. And Fluffy . . . Finn was Fluffy. Werewolves were real. All the stupid childhood stories were true. 

   The tips of my fingers turned numb, my heart beating faster, breathing became a harder chore. The door of the room busted open, making my hear leap in my throat. Finn walked in, a frantic look in his chocolate brown eyes. 

   “Rebel, are you all right?" he asked taking some steps towards me. 

   My eyes widened, scrambling up from the bed. My back pressed into the wall furthest away from him, my hands out in front of me. I was half attempted to make a cross with my fingers. Pain sprouted from my back, but fear was my only concern. 

   “Stay away from me.” I mentally cursed when my voice shook. 

   Hurt filled Finn’s eyes, but he quickly blinked it away. He put his palms up, facing me. He slowly started walking towards me. Every step he took caused fear to pump a new wave to be coursed through my veins. 

   “I'm fucking serious, Finn!” My voiced raised, growing hysteric. My feet pushed against the bed, trying to get further away from him. A sharp pang from my back made me slightly flinch for a quick second. But it wasn't quick enough, Finn saw the discomfort. 

   “I'm going to get you some medicine, all right?” Looking over my body once more, he left the room.

   The door was about to shut, but another person walked in. She had light brown hair, curled around her shoulder. It had streaks of gray hidden, but she still looked beautiful with them. Slight wrinkles covered her face, her blue eyes held kindness. Her smile was filled with straight, white teeth. 

   “Hello, I'm Dr. Barry. How's your back?" she asked nicely.

   She seemed like a genuinely nice person but she could be one of those creatures. She started to walking towards me, my body instantly tensed up. She had another thing coming if she even thought about touching me. 

Finn's Point of View.

   My legs ran down the stairs to get Rebel’s medicine. The image of her scared hurt me, deeply. She was scared of me. I wish I could’ve told her about us on my terms, I didn’t want her to find out like that.  

   Entering the kitchen, I ignored the questions thrown at me. Unfortunately, it was the weekend, meaning everyone was at the pack house and constantly kept asking me questions. They heard about the Omegas trespassing. I’ve had people patrolling the boundaries of the territory for any more signs of them. 

   Once in the kitchen, I made my way over to a cabinet and grabbed a bottle of pills. Mark walked into the kitchen. “How’s she taking it?” he asked me, sounding concerned for his Luna. 

   My head shook from side-to-side, saying it wasn’t good. She’s scared of us, and I didn’t want the pack to know that.  

   When I made it back to the house after Rebel had been attacked, I demanded Mark tell me what happened prior to when she left the house. He told me that she threw a knife at his head, which made me smile. My mate has guts. We’ve never had a problem with Omegas, and it confused me to why we were now.