Epilogue.

“Finn, I'm capable of walking by myself.”

          “I just don't want you hurting yourself.” Finn added, “Again.

         “I might not be able to catch you but I sure as hell can punch you pretty hard,” I retorted. Shuffling slowly across the crispy leaf ridden forest ground, I tried to escape Finn's helpful hold. My ankle was still sore but I could walk without assistance from an overprotective boyfriend. Although, Finn's concern made my chest feel warm.

         Finn grimaced. “Yeah—yeah, that's true.”

         A satisfied smile spread across my face as I hobbled further, my hand bracing against the rough bark of a tree. I inhaled deeply, letting the scent of Finn and fresh nature overcome me. The smell worked through my nose and calmly rested in my mind. A childhood memory flashed in my mind, making me chuckle. I spoke to Daniel, who was trailing behind me with one of the newer members of the pack. “Hey, Daniel, remember when you wouldn't push me on the swing and I kept hitting your arm until you did?”

          “Yeah,” Daniel grumbled. “And I had a nasty bruise for, like, three days.”

         “I kept thinking how did a bruise like that go away that fast, but know I now that you're not human,” I joked, peering over my shoulder to him. He smiled, shaking his head. Farris walked beside him, his hands shoved into his pockets as he remained silent. He looked as though something bothered him, but I knew he didn't wish to speak on it.

Finn tossed his arm across my shoulders. “And here I thought your loving anger was only aimed towards me.” He sighed dramatically.

        My arm came around his back, my hand resting on his hipbone. I leaned into his side, forcing him to support the majority of my weight, which didn't seem difficult to him. “No, but now you're stuck with me for the rest of your life.”

         “That sounds like—” Finn froze, halting our slow pace in a sudden jerk.

         I looked up to him, my brows contorting together in confusion. His body stiffened as he grew guarded, his eyes narrowing as he looked to the right, far into the woodsy forest. With his hold tightening around me, I chuckled nervously and poked his side. “You better say something positive or I'll kick your ass.” I swallowed as Finn showed no sign of amusement and pushed me behind him in a protecting manner. I turned towards Daniel, who stood in a battling stance, but Farris almost looked hopeful. His sapphire eyes brightened, he stood on his tiptoes to see further into the woods.

        “What is it?” I whispered.

          “There's on Omega,” Finn supplied curtly. He inhaled, looking disgusted with the stench.

         Growing more confused, I peered around Finn's side. Only trees and the warm colors of the fallen leaves met my view.

         “It smells like—” Daniel started but was interrupted by Farris excitedly saying, “Ryot!”

         Finn glanced to them and muttered, “Ryot?”

        Suddenly, Farris couldn't contain himself as he shot off into the forest. Daniel yelled his name and chased after him. Finn lurched forward but then turned to cup my face. “Stay here,” he demanded, pecking my lips before running off in the direction of the two boys.

         “What?” I yelled, confused. “Finn! Daniel!” I screamed in frustration and started stumbling after them. My ankle throbbed and my ribs ached but I wasn't about to miss something due to my body's painful protests. Using the surrounding trees as supports, I slowly made my way to a confrontation. The backs of Finn, Daniel, and Farris faced me and between the spaces that they stood apart revealed a girl maybe a year older than myself. Dirt covered her tanned face, her clothes ripped and torn that was soaked with mud or other substances. Her eyes were feral, wide with surprise and recognition. She glanced at Farris a second more than Finn and Daniel, and I recognized her. She was in the warehouse with Tate, she attacked Tate second, after Farris had. Her eyes connected with mine for a mere second, then back to Finn. She was guarded, I could see it in her eyes. She looked like I once had.

          Farris was the first to speak, breaking the tension. “Ry, why didn't you come back with us? Alpha Finn said we could join his pack, a real pack. There's clothes and heating. And food!” He happily laughed, oblivious that there was a much deeper problem that the girl let be known.

        “I couldn't, Farris,” she spoke slowly, never tearing her gaze away from Finn. Her voice was deeper than my own. More mature, more calculated.

         “R-Ryot,” Finn stuttered, his voice cracking in his throat. I watched him as he slowly stalked forward, his palms up to show he meant no harm. “It's you. You're really here.”

          A headache started to roll through my skull from the mass confusion. Finn knew Ryot, but she was one of the Omegas from the warehouse. How did Finn know an Omega?

         Ryot snarled, returning the original distance between her and Finn. She backed up into a tree, her shifted claws sinking into the bark. Her chest heaved and a sense of desperation seeped into her scarlet irises. “Just let me go,” she spoke lowly. “Let me go and pretend you never saw me.”

          “I can't,” Finn replied. “I have to take you back. Back to—”

          “I am not going back.” A growl erupted from her, the baritone sound vibrating through my chest.

          “Please, Ryot,” Finn pleaded. “Please don't make this harder than it has to be.”

          Ryot have a haunting smirk. It sent a trickle of fear down my spine, it reminded me of Tate's smirk. “Giving up easily would be out of my character.”

          Without looking away from Ryot, Finn spoke to Farris and Daniel. “Go back to the house, retrieve some members. Take Rebel with you and be fast. I feel like Ryot isn't going to be cooperative.”

          The two boys turned, Daniel rushing over to me. “I'm sorry, Rebel.”

          As I fought against Daniel—demanding for him to put me down—he tossed me over his shoulder and followed Farris back to the house. Bracing my hand against Daniel's back, I looked behind me in time to see Ryot pouncing at Finn, knocking them both to the ground. A gasp fell from my lips and my fist starting to pound on Daniel.

          “Daniel, go back! Now!” I cried out. “Finn might get hurt. Daniel!

          As we neared the house, a beastly roar filled the air.