Chapter 33 Ecstasy

Y/N sits down in Dumbledore's office with her head in her hands. Draco's sitting next to her, just as uncomfortable. Dumbledore's sitting across the desk from them, Flitwick's standing at the side of the desk, explaining what happened, and both Snape and McGonagall are standing at Dumbledore's sides.

"A Slytherin student said that Y/N went into Draco's dorm with him as well."

After a second, McGonagall starts. "There is no reason, and I mean no reason for a girl to be going into a boy's dorm. Especially when she's a member of another house."

Snape chimes in. "Why she was in the Slytherin common room to begin with should be put into question. Do either of you have anything to say?"

 Do either of you have anything to say?"

Y/N looks up and raises her hand.

"Go ahead, Miss Sparks."

She nods. "Thank you, Professor. If there is one thing that I want to make clear, it is that I did not go into anyone's dorm."

Snape stares her in the eyes. "Do not lie to us."

"It's not a lie. Pansy made that announcement to the classroom to get me into trouble. She took advantage of the situation."

"Why would she do such a thing."

Y/N points to her jaw. "Because of this. When I was in the common room, Pansy and I got into an argument that ended with her punching me in the face. When she left, Draco stayed to help me and that made her mad. So she said that to get me into trouble. If you don't believe me, you are welcome to use that dream catcher."

McGonagall presses. "Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Miss Sparks. But Parkinson's story has been backed up by other students."

She sighs. "Draco went up to his dorm to get a glass of water so I could make ice to press against my jaw. I went up with him, but I stood outside. I admit that I should've stayed down in the lounge, but I had just been punched in the face. I wasn't exactly thinking clearly."

Flitwick chimes in. "This still doesn't explain the initial issue with why you had Mr. Malfoy's tie on."

"Well as you may understand, ties can feel a bit suffocating. I take mine off at any chance I get, so that's what I had done in the common room. So had Draco. So when we realized that we were late for class, we were rushing and I wasn't looking when I grabbed the tie and started wrapping it around my neck."

He nods. "I suppose that does explain it."

Snape interjects. "Except, there's the issue of Miss Sparks being a Gryffindor in the Slytherin common room. A place where she has no business being."

She looks to him. "There is no rule that states that a student from another house cannot enter a common room when invited."

'Who invited you?"

Y/N points to Draco. "He did. He invited me into the common room and I've been in there more than once. All we were doing was reading up until the fight."