Chapter 23 The Clock Is Ticking

One Week Later

Y/N sits in the Great Hall with Hermione, Ginny, Lavender, and Parvati. It's a pretty calm morning. As many are now that everyone's on Christmas break. The third years and under aren't leaving for a couple days, but they're all preparing to do so.

Y/N finished Pansy's dress three days ago. The girl loved how it turned out and how it fitted. She also finished Daphne's dress, which she also liked. The girl's dress was a simple, long, satin dress in yellow with not much embellishment. When Y/N was done with it, it was still simple and satin. However, she made it into a silvery white color and gave it a jeweled belt. The dress ended out looking fantastic with the girl's ivory skin and golden hair.

 The dress ended out looking fantastic with the girl's ivory skin and golden hair

The only problem now is that more girls are asking for Y/N's help. She's had four more girls asking for help, each of which need different types of help. Whether the color is the problem, or the fitting. Or maybe the dress just doesn't feel right to the girl, Y/N's got her hands busy. She has a lot more time now, so she's able to work on more and more dresses every day. On the bright side, she's making a decent amount of money from it. Y/N's made over fifty galleons all together for dress alterations.

"So, have you found the guy that's taking you to the Yule Ball?"

Y/N shakes her head.

Lavender gives her an odd look. "But you've been asked by three different guys."

"And I've turned each of them down."

"Why did you turn them down?" Parvati questions.

She thinks for a second, before responding. "Well Theo's my cousin, but he didn't know it. I barely know Anthony, and Michael Corner is just a creepy guy."

"What do you mean?"

"He always looks like he's planning a murder and he's just creepy all around."

Hermione looks up from her book. "That's fair enough."

Ginny looks disconcerted. "I just wish I could go to the Yule Ball. It's going to be amazing."

Y/N smiles. "Well a boy could ask you at any minute. Then you'll be able to stay."

"If someone was going to ask me, then they would've done so already."

"I'm sure a guy will come around at any moment. "Lavender cheers.

Parvati smiles. "Yes well that's easy to say when you've already been asked."

She rolls her eyes. "Seamus and I are just going as friends."

Y/N nods. "Mhm, okay then."

She smiles in shock. "Hey!"