Chapter 15 Through The Looking Glass

A Week Later

Y/N sits in the great hall with Hermione and Ginny at breakfast. The hall is roaring with voices and chatting between the students. Fred, George, Harry, and Ron are sitting far down the table. A rift's gone through the group of friends and it's getting irritating to Y/N. She doesn't know why Ron's made this about picking sides. Harry hasn't "picked a side", but Ron's his best mate, so he usually hangs out with them. Ginny and Hermione aren't avoiding her either, it's just Ron. She knew that George was unlikely to speak to her because their friendship was more through Fred.

"Have you spoken to him about it?"

Y/N shakes her head. "No. Every time I try to speak to Ron, he blows me off. it's ridiculous, I broke up with Fred. I didn't cheat on him, I didn't do anything wrong. So I don't know why this is going on."

Ginny looks over to the guys. "I think Ron's trying to be a good brother to Fred, you know? George too."

"Maybe, but this isn't the way to do it. You came and spoke to me afterwards to hear my side of the story, that's what he should do."

Hermione takes a sip of water. "Perhaps you should try to speak to him again. Make him listen to you."

Y/N's hesitant. "I don't know. You can make a person listen to you, but you can't make them hear you."

The sound of someone clearing their throat interrupts the conversation.

She turns around to see who the person is. "Oh, hey.. Pansy."

The Slytherin girl gives an odd smile

The Slytherin girl gives an odd smile. "Hey Y/N. Would you mind coming with me for a second?"

"Umm.. okay." She gives Hermione and Ginny a concerned look.

The two of them just look confused. What on Earth could Pansy want with Y/N? The two have only every argued and if they don't get into a duel, it's a good day. 

She gets up from the Gryffindor table and walks with the girl. It's extremely awkward to be walking with Pansy Parkinson.  Y/N doesn't say anything because what is she supposed to say? If they aren't arguing, what are they doing? More importantly, what if it is an argument? What if Pansy has invited her to be attacked? What if she's literally walking into moments of pain? Again..

When they two of them make it to the end of the great hall opposing the professor's table, they turn to the right and walk right by the door. Y/N's confused, she was expecting to be leaving the hall. Is Pansy taking her to the Slytherin table?

She begins talking. "You see Y/N, for some reason and I don't know why, the others have gained a liking for you."

"What?"

Pansy sighs. "The boys, the Slytherin boys. You know, Draco, Blaise, Theo, Goyle, and Crabbe."

Y/N looks at Pansy. "You mean the boys who were pushing me to the ground not a month ago? Forgive me if I don't believe you, Pansy. And why are you taking to the table? We're supposed to stay at our house's table."