Chapter 1 The Before

Y/N, Fred, George, Ron, and Ginny sit in the grass outside, talking

Fred's talking about the World Cup. "This game is going to be the best night ever."

"I can't wait to see Viktor Krum." Ron points out.

"Who's Viktor Krum?"

Ginny replies. "The Bulgarian team's seeker."

George adds. "The enemy team's seeker."

"No!" Ron says.

"Mhm." Fred agrees.

"So we're going to pick up Harry at five?" 

"Yeah." Ron answers.

Y/N thinks for a second. "Wait, how? You told me Ron destroyed your guy's car."

George responds. "I don't know. Our dad hasn't told us."

Out of nowhere Aurora swoops down to the group, dropping a package and note to Y/N.

"Thank you."

The bird flies away to the top of The Burrow where she can see everything.

"What's in it?"

"I don't know."

She reads the note.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N

I'm sorry we had to leave you and are going to miss the game. We hope you don't feel angry towards us because of it.

I saw this and thought you'd like it and know what to do.

Love,

Mom .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's from my parents." she tells them.

Y/N opens the box to see something made with fabric inside. She pulls out a red, formal dress. It's got a layer of thin black mesh with black floral detailing, covering the bodice. The skirt has layers and layers of tulle colored in red and the top, black.

"That's a.. nice dress." Ginny says.

Y/N laughs.

"What's so funny?" Ron asks, confused.

She puts the dress back in the box, still laughing. "This is not a nice dress."

Fred inquires. "I don't understand."

"That's the point. It's a game I play with my mom."

"A game?" Ginny wonders.

Y/N explains. "Well my mom and I both make clothes, especially dresses. So we play this game every now and then where one us buys a fixer upper dress for other person. Then the other person alters the dress into something that looks amazing."