Somewhere Only We Know

LORD. We are a lot closer to the end now, than I thought we were. Tell me why I'm getting emotional OMG!!!!!!! Ps; you will not know when the final chapter will be until I actually release it. (There might be an epilogue - haven't decided how much I want to break your hearts yet)

Enjoy :)))

The calendar that sat up above my fridge was becoming increasingly full. By that, I meant that a lot of the squares were being coloured in, counting down the days until my flight to Guernsey.

I was going to be travelling there by myself, with Harry tying up some last minute work commitments. Obviously, with the choice he'd made being a big one, there were several things he still needed to sort out, which I completely understood. 

He'd made it very clear that he was visibly disappointed to not be coming along with me. It had actually taken quite a bit of persuasion and reassurance from my end to make him realise that staying was the right thing. 

"Not even a week," I reminded him, giving him a kiss on the cheek as he picked up his keys, ready to leave the apartment for a meeting with management. 

"I know. But a week without you is one week too long," he pouted, lingering next to me, pecking me on the lips after he finished speaking. 

"Well, there's still two whole days before my flight. So in nine days we'll be together, in Guernsey, and things will be perfect," I tell him.

And, I meant it. Sort of. I was kind of talking myself up, trying to convince both of us that this was still the right decision. He knew I still felt guilty about dragging him away from all of his friends, practically family, and also his work, but he didn't let me feel that way when I was with him. 

"I know. Don't worry about packing the furniture up if it's too much. I can help you with it when I'm home if you want me to," he said softly, kissing me one final time. 

"I'll have a go, you never know, I might've secretly been going to the gym and building up super big muscles," I tell him sarcastically, flexing my (very non-existent) muscles. 

"Oh yeah? You might even be stronger than me now."

"Not exactly hard, is it?" I joke, giving his outraged face one last kiss before ushering him out. "Go on! You're going to be late for them. Just think, in one more week there will be no more early meetings. You can have all the lie ins you'd like. Now go!"

"Yes boss," he says sarcastically before holding his hands up in defeat, opening the door and leaving, not before calling out a sweet, 'I love you!'

"I love you too, dickhead," I muttered under my breath, but with a small smirk on my face. 

The day passes by pretty quickly, and in the end it turns out that I am in fact strong and muscly enough to dismantle the furniture by myself, and it's all packed up and ready to go. 

I make a start on cooking dinner for myself and Harry after he texts me that he's on his way home. We have so much food to use up, and I know once I leave for Guernsey Harry will resort to ordering takeaways, which I can't exactly blame him for, but I hate seeing food go to waste. 

It was only simple, chucking a bunch of food into a frying pan and hoping for the best. 

It was perfect timing really, when Harry walked back into the apartment, with me just about dishing up the food onto two plates. 

"A homecooked dinner? I am lucky," he grinned, sliding into the chair and pushing it in, placing his phone on the table. 

"If you think a standard homecooked dinner is lucky, we really need to stop ordering food," I laugh, bringing over both our plates. "Or I need to be a better girlfriend."