Two Weeks is a Long Time

this chapter is a bit sad sozzz

they will be on the mend soon enough i promiseeeee!! slowburn will be worth it 

In the two weeks I'd been away, my phone had never gone quiet. Every day, there was a fresh wave of calls and text messages from my friends. All of them asking how I was, how I was coping. 

And now, fourteen days later, I finally started replying to them, letting them know that I was feeling a hell of a lot better than I did when I had first left London. 

Freya was the first person I'd text to let her know that I was coming back down to London, and right away she had let me know that they were shooting a video later on in the afternoon, and if I wanted to attend I was more than welcome. 

Obviously, that meant that Harry was going to be there too, and with Harry it probably meant that Isabella would be there too. Or maybe not - I had no idea what was going on with the two of them, and honestly at this point, I couldn't care any less. 

I'd told Freya that I'd be there - purely so I didn't let anyone else down, and also because I loved my job. I really did, and I had missed my friends. I didn't want to wallow by myself anymore, and it was finally time to move on with the rest of my friends and leave the Harry situation behind me. 

The car journey back down to London felt longer than when I had come up, but in some strange way, I preferred it. It gave me some time to think over the whole situation, and also to try and brace myself for what was waiting back there for me. I knew that Freya and Simon had probably briefly told Josh and Talia about my history - not just with Harry, but my home life, too. It was something I'd kept close to me in the past, but I had a feeling that it was soon about to change. 

I was just about on the outskirts of London when a call from Freya came through to my car system. I swiped on the touch screen in front of me, accepting her call. 

"Hey!" I said cheerfully, hoping that the jovial tone would convince myself that I wasn't absolutely dreading seeing everyone again.

"Hey girl! How far out are you? Me and Josh just got to the studio," she says on the other side of the phone, and I check my satnav. 

"It says I'm about fifteen minutes out, if traffic is acceptable. Is that alright? I hope I won't be late, feel free to start without -"

"As if we are starting without you. You're getting a good welcome back, and then we can get on with the work," she says, and her tone tells me that she will not shift on her decision. 

"Okay, okay. I'll try to get there a bit quicker so I don't waste any time, I really can't wait to see you again," I tell her, unable to keep the smile off of my face as I turn off of the motorway, driving into the city centre. 

"Me too. I know Simon is excited to see you. He's been talking about you nonstop since I said you were coming to the shoot," she says, and it sounds like she's smiling as she talks. 

"I'm excited to see him too! And you! Maybe the five of us, me you, Josh, him, Talia - we can go out for dinner or drinks this week. It would be nice to spend it together," I suggest, and the squeal from the phone makes it sound like she agrees with my idea. 

"They'd love that! We can arrange it when you get back. Anyway, I've got to go now, Josh needs me in the studio. I'll see you in a bit, text me when you get here, okay?" 

"I will. Promise," I tell her, hanging up the call soon after. My music comes back on, acting as background noise whilst I concentrate on going the right way to the studio. I'm only ten minutes now, and I have to remind myself that these people are my friends, and I have nothing to be anxious about. 

prom date | wroetoshawजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें