Don't Blame Me

HI!!!!! I am SO sorry that this update has come after over a months worth of waiting. Usually I would blame it on being super busy with work (which I genuinely am, but still), however if I'm being completely honest, I have been putting on writing it because of the inevitable ending. I don't think you guys understand, even thinking about what's going to happen makes me wanna tear up, so I have no clue how you all are going to cope! (sorry, not trying to scare you). Anyway, enough of me rambling. Enjoy this chapter.

ONLY A FEW MORE TO GO. THIS IS YOUR WARNING!

CHAPTER WARNING - Use of the 'C Word' (I know some people don't like reading it unannounced, so yeah. It's towards the end of the chapter)

Don't Blame Me - Taylor Swift

HARRY.

"You've been ignoring my texts and calls," she states, sat at her desk. I stand in front of it, not bothering to sit. I'm hoping that this will be a quick meeting.

"I know. I'm sorry. I thought it would be better to talk in person," I say, knowing that what I'm about to tell her is going to change my entire life around.

"Alright, then. What is it you needed to tell me? I must say, I wasn't expecting the sudden meeting. It's very ominous," she observes, and I can't exactly argue with that.

"I'm leaving the Sidemen. I'm done, I quit," I say, and there's something final about my tone. I'm hoping she doesn't waste her words trying to persuade me otherwise.

"Harry -" she starts, but I cut her off.

"Vicky, I know it might seem out of the blue to you, but it's really my decision and you -"

She waves her hands, now being the one to cut me off. "I wasn't actually going to argue with you. I kind of saw this coming," she speaks slowly, and it's my turn to feel shocked.

"You did?" I asked, trying to hide the wave of surprise on my face.

"I've worked with a lot of groups before. You displayed all the features of someone whose heart wasn't in it anymore - detached, hard to reach, no -"

"Hold on, it's not that my heart isn't in it! I love those boys - most of them anyway, with everything I have. I love what we've created together. I'm not leaving because my heart isn't in it. I'm leaving because I love Lily, and she comes before anyone, or anything else. That's why I'm leaving," I say, and I might've accidentally gotten a little bit carried away.

"Harry, your reasons for leaving are your own reasons. You don't have to explain them to me as a way to defend yourself. But you may want them to talk to the other boys. When are you planning on doing that?" She asks, and she's gotten to a part of my plan I hadn't even begun thinking about. I didn't want to.

"Harry?" She repeated, and I could feel my mouth opening and closing several times. I had been rendered speechless - truly, I had no idea what I was going to do.

"I don't know." The words were quiet, and sounded vulnerable. "I really don't know."

"Okay," her voice replied, sounding soft and understanding. "How about we do it as soon as possible, though. I think we need to give ourselves some time to figure all of the details out, but we both need to be transparent to everyone, don't you think?"

Of course she was right. I couldn't argue with her, not that I wanted to anyway. "Today. Call a meeting, I'll do it today. Otherwise I don't know if I'll be able to," I say suddenly, the other woman understandably confused at the change of attitude.