For Old Times Sake

I could hear it a second before it awoke me. The blaring noise coming from the side of - hold on, where was I? The ceiling above me was not one I recognised - neither were the curtains in front of me. And why did it smell of -

The airport last night. Meeting Harry there - Harry.

My heart rate started to slow again, as I remembered everything that had happened up until the taxi ride last night. I could vividly remember getting into the car and meeting some of his friends, but after that my mind went blank. I had no idea how I'd even made it into his room, but I was well rested and that was all that mattered in the end.

The time on my phone read half nine, giving me just over an hour to ready myself and get to the studio where I needed to be. I wasn't sure of where Harry's place actually was in London, nor how close or far away it was from where I needed to be, adding another task onto the to do list this morning.

Climbing out of his bed, I could feel that I was wearing my clothes from last night, sending me into an instant panic, hoping I didn't smell too bad. I wasn't sure if I had time for a shower, or even if Harry would be okay with me showering in his place. Usually I would've done it anyway, but considering it had been so long, I was doubting everything around him. Hopefully, that would change the more time I'd spend around him.

He was a light sleeper, an early bird, so I had my suspicions he was already probably awake. I could hear a voice in the next room over anyway, so I relaxed about not making too much noise, whilst also trying to stay respectful anyway. The door opened silently, and instantly I saw him lounging on the sofa in his living room, which I was only just seeing for the first time, taking it all in.

The curtains were still closed, but the lights were dull, with just enough light to make out everything in the room. He must've heard me, as his position shifted, now so he was sitting upright and stretching his arms out. "Morning," he greeted, covering his mouth as he yawned.

"Morning," I croaked, collapsing onto the spare bit of sofa to his right. "Thanks for letting me crash," I say, yawning straight after he did.

"Yeah, cause I was really going to leave you alone in an airport at one in the morning, of course I was going to let you stay. You can stay for however long you need, you know this."

"Are you sure? I feel bad taking up your bed for that long, I'm completely fine sleeping on the sofa, it's comfy anyway," I tell him, making a point to pat the sofa next to me, bouncing my hand up and down.

"You haven't changed one bit since I last saw you," he observed, not once breaking eye contact with me.

I act offended. "And what is that supposed to mean exactly?"

"No comment," he grins, the two of us breaking out into fits of laughter. We'd only been reunited for under twelve hours, but already I felt at ease, feeling like two school kids once again. It was a feeling I'd missed.

The laughter simmered down, and Harry broke the silence. "What time did you say you needed to be wherever you need to go?"

"Eleven. Which reminds me, actually, I need to figure out how long it's gonna take me to get there from here," I start to ponder out loud, but it isn't long until Harry interrupts.

"I'll take you. No point spending money on a taxi, they're so expensive round here anyway. I'm pretty sure it's like a twenty minute drive, if that, so we've got some time to kill, unless you've got lots of shit to get ready."

"It's only the first day, so I've just got to bring myself and my laptop. I can get changed later, we've got an hour to spare," I say slowly, making eye contact with him once again. We seem to be in sync, and understanding of each other because he asks the first question, and I'm prepared to answer it.