YKWIM?

We are definitely coming towards the end of the book (not too soon, but soon). This is an early warning to start preparing yourself for a major character death! It's gonna happen when you least expect it (I hope)..... feel free to leave any guesses in the comments (but there will be NO confirmations)

Sorry about the cliffhanger here LOL. Enjoy. Also, things will get worse before they get better (and get worse again but pretend you didn't hear that) so don't worry about our poor, traumatised little Lily :)))))))

"You didn't have to come, you know," I said quietly, lying in my bed with Harry the same evening. 

"I never had any doubts. I told you, I want to be wherever you are, whatever you're doing," he replied, kissing me sweetly on my forehead. 

"Mhmmm. I've heard that one before," I lightly tease, rolling towards him slightly. My head was nestled up on his chest, and his chin rested on top of my hair, his spare hand stroking it gently. "I talked with your Mum earlier," I said quietly. 

He didn't say anything for a moment, and the silence was confusing. 

"Harry?" I repeat.

"I know," he admitted, and his voice made him sound guilty, but I was unsure why. 

"Oh right. Did she tell you?" I asked.

"No. I asked her to talk to you. She phoned me earlier because she said she saw you. Truthfully, she thought we were both here, and I told her you needed someone to talk things through with. I wasn't trying to interfere, I just thought -"

"-thought that talking with her would help," I interrupt, finishing off his sentence. He pauses again, not saying anything. 

"Yeah," he says stiffly. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gotten involved. And you're annoyed, and you have every ri -"

"Harry, Harry! Slow down, I'm not annoyed. It was a good chat with her. I'm glad we talked, regardless of if you set it up or whatever," I tell him, watching as he visibly calms down. 

"Okay," he says, letting out a deep breath. "Okay."

"I'd like to talk to you about it, if you're okay with that," I say to him, drawing little patterns on his arm. 

"Of course you can talk to me about it. I'll listen," he says, looking at me in my eyes. 

"Your Mum was really sweet. I hope it wasn't what I wanted to hear and act -"

"Sorry, I promise I'm not going to keep interrupting but my Mum would not tell you something just because it was easy. She'd tell you the truth. And that's without me not even knowing what was said," he said, nodding his head as he spoke. 

"I know. She said things about you that I already knew deep down, so it was nice to hear them again. It was also just nice to have someone so...motherly. Does that make sense? Like, I haven't had a Mum for eight years, and then I kind of replaced her with my Nan and she's been gone for a few months now. So it was nice to have her there as a figure," I explained. 

"I expect she made it clear that you can come to her whenever you need her, didn't she?" Harry asked, predicting his Mum's exact words. 

I nodded, a grin spreading on my face. "She did. Those exact words. I think I'll take her up on it, time to time," I laugh, moving my hands up to clasp his, giving them a squeeze. My face turned stiff again, and Harry knew that I was about to say something that wasn't so light and funny. 

"What is it?" He preempted, before I even had a chance to say anything. 

I gave him a funny look before talking. "I don't know how to say this so I'm just going to come out with it. I don't know if I can go back to living in London. I just feel that if I go back, things are going to go back to how they were and I don't know if I can do it again," I tell him, feeling instantly guilty the minute the words left my mouth.