Chapter 5 Right To Remain Silent

Adrian Farenheights Tepes P.O.V

"And you just happened to agree with it?" I asked.

"It's not like I have a choice." She answered.

I scoffed.

"Sleep with him for all I care, I fucked a few mortals while I was gone anyways." I admitted.

The next thing I knew, my head was turned towards the opposite direction she slapped me.

The nerve?

"Ow." I told.

"You can't say anything love; I broke my virginity with you too." I reminded.

"You have no right to call me that anymore." She told.

"I get to call anyone whatever the fuck I want, do understand that I have no weaknesses." I started.

I cupped her jaw, tilting her face up to look directly into my eyes as I leaned closer to her face. "I hope you know that you too were never my weakness so stop pretending as if you are." I continued.

"I may have loved you in the past, but that does not mean you have some imaginary hold over me." I told.

"Sypha, what are you doing here dear?" My mom suddenly barged in looking confused as ever.

I let go of her jaw harshly before turning to face my mother. "You didn't send her to see me?" I questioned.

"No." My mother replied slowly looking between Sypha and me.

"I just came to see your son, my lady, I'll be leaving now". She bowed a little before walking over the entrance door that my mother was at.

"Wait." My mother halted her.

"Why don't you stay a while? This was once your home too." My mother suggested.

"Let her go, she has a prince to fuck." I spoke.

"Adrian!" My mom yells at me.

"No, he's right." Sypha started before her eyes landed on me.

"He fucks better too." She says before walking out the door.

That comment somehow made my blood boil.

"I take it things did not go well between you two." My mother spoke before nearing towards me.

"How come she's betrothed to another, I thought she was mine." I faced my mother.

"When you left, her father took it as a sign that the engagement was off." She told.

"I left with dad because you had an affair." I argued.

She sighed.

"And really, a sleeping rune?" I derided.

"You were going berserk; I had no other option." She shrugged.

"Why are you protecting them?" I asked.

"I entwined both the werewolf and the vampires' world together and made the prophecy true. What do you think would happen if you murdered the next heir of their pack?" She questioned.

"So, it has nothing to do with him also being your son?" I enquired.

"You should try getting along, you both aren't that different after all." She proposed.

"We may be brothers by blood, but that bastard is no brother of mine." I assured.

"This bastard has enough siblings as it is to be honest." Lucifer entered the room.