Chapter 11 Jealousy and Triggers

Theodore Hale P.O.V

It was already past 9 at night. What is taking her so long? I thought I strictly asked her to be back by 9.

I was sitting down on the bed with my feet on the ground while one of my legs was bouncing away revealing my impatience.

Why do I even feel this way? Why do I care?

The thought of her laughing with another man or even enjoying his presence sickens me to the core.

I kept looking at my phone that was on my bed.

Should I?

Fuck! I sound so needy. I scratched the back of my head.

Should I just call and lie that I wrongly dialed her? What if she was in danger?

My mind was literally running to every possibility reasoning her absence.

We can sniff her out. My wolf suggested.

I shouldn't though. What is this? Am I being protective of her?

This is way beyond being protective. My wolf intervened but he was right.

Am I jealous? This new possessiveness over one girl who I barely even know.

We do know her. My wolf says.

No, we don't. I exclaimed.

Though it's weird having a wolf in my head, somehow, I've grown accustomed to it. Well, I had to adapt, it wasn't like I was given a choice.

We've shared good conversations as well. He reminded.

I sighed.

Am I starting to have feelings for her? However, it doesn't feel natural. Would I have still felt the same if we weren't mates? I highly doubt it.

Is it so bad though? She's beautiful and smart, with a great personality. What more could you want? He asks.

I want real, I want a genuine connection.

Maybe you can find it, with her. He pushes.

I know one part of his advice is because she is his mate, however, another part of it may be true.

Just then I heard the door open, and she came in barefooted with her heels in her hands, I looked at the time and it was 9:45 p.m.

"You may have to check your watch if it's in a different time zone." My words dripped with sarcasm.

She looked at me before showing her wrist. "I'm not wearing one." She says before going over to take off her make up.

"So how was the date?" I asked.

She raised an eyebrow at me.

"Why the interest?" She questions.

"Just wanna get some tea." I shrugged.

She narrowed her eyes at me before beginning. "Well, it was actually nice and refreshing-" she started.

"So, you like him?" The words immediately left my mouth and I felt jealously rising at top speed.

"Well, there was nothing there not to like-" She began again.

"It's fine, that's all I wanted to know." I cut her off before laying down on my bed and checking my phone.

I was clenching and unclenching my jaw to remain calm. Why am I getting so upset about this? I feel like a sensitive bitch.

I saw her carrying some clothes, getting into the washroom and she changed into a hoodie and some high-waisted night shorts.