Chapter 41 Chemical Pregnancy

Zoe Lawson P.O.V

I heard muffled crying from the washroom as I approached the mirror to fix my hair. The sound was faint, but unmistakable. I hesitated for a moment, my hand hovering over the sink, before walking towards the stalls.

I knocked softly on the door. "Hey, everything okay in there?"

"Go away!" a girl shouted from inside, her voice thick with tears.

I sighed, leaning against the cold tiles. "I've got an hour break. If you want to talk, I'm here." I waited, half-expecting silence, but then the door creaked open slowly. A girl stood there, her face streaked with tears, eyes red and puffy. She looked like she was in pain—real, raw pain that went beyond the physical.

"What happened?" I asked gently, trying to meet her gaze.

She held out her trembling hand, revealing a few pills. "What are those?" I asked softly.

"Abortion pills," she whispered, her voice breaking.

"I had to abort because the father wasn't ready," she continued, tears spilling down her cheeks. "I killed my own child for him." Her sobs intensified, and my heart clenched with empathy, feeling the weight of her words settle deep in my chest.

"How far along were you?" I asked, my voice barely more than a whisper.

"Not far," she replied, "but the pain... it's like nothing I've ever felt. It feels like clots of tissue are tearing out of me."

A shiver ran down my spine. "Like jelly?" I asked cautiously.

She nodded, her face crumpling as fresh tears fell. The room seemed to shrink around us, the air growing heavy with shared grief. I couldn't shake the memory now—flashes of that same pain, the same dark clots, the same heavy bleeding that had followed my breakup with Theodore. I had brushed it off as a brutal period, chalked it up to the stress of the emotional rollercoaster I was on. But hearing her describe it so vividly, I couldn't help but wonder if I had been wrong, if I had been ignoring my own body's desperate cries for help.

"We need to get you to the school nurse," I suggested, trying to keep my voice steady.

"No!" she snapped, panic flashing in her eyes. "I don't want anyone to know."

"I'll be there with you," I promised softly. "We just need to make sure you're okay. You can't bleed like this forever. And if...if there's anything left inside...you could get really sick, or worse."

Her resolve wavered, her body trembling with fear and exhaustion. I reached out, offering her my hand. "Please," I urged. "Let me help you. You don't have to do this alone."

Adrian Tepes P.O.V

"Stop the wedding." My voice sliced through the silence, each word echoing off the ancient stone walls. I saw nothing but red as I stared at Sypha standing beside Trevor Belmont, close enough for him to claim her as his own. My blood boiled at the sight, a white-hot fury I couldn't contain.

The courtroom froze. All eyes turned toward me, a ripple of shock spreading through the crowd. My mother, seated in a place of honor, shot up from her chair, her face a mix of anger and concern. "Adrian, what are you doing?" she hissed, her voice barely audible, but I heard the tremor beneath her stern facade.

"What I should have done a long time ago," I replied, my voice steadier than I felt. I could feel my pulse pounding in my ears, my fists clenched so tightly my knuckles turned white.

Sypha's eyes met mine, a mixture of shock and something else—fear? Regret? I couldn't tell. All I knew was that I couldn't stand idly by while she made the biggest mistake of her life.

Zoe Lawson P.O.V

I opened my laptop, my fingers trembling as I searched for answers. The anxiety bubbled up inside me, a cold knot twisting in my stomach.

"Can you have a miscarriage at the same time as your period?" I typed into the search bar, my heart racing with anticipation, hoping for some kind of clarity, yet dreading what I might find.

The search results appeared almost instantly, confirming my worst fears. Yes, it was possible to experience a miscarriage around the time of your expected period, something called a chemical pregnancy. The fertilized egg implants in the uterus but fails to develop properly, resulting in an early loss.

My hands shook as I scrolled through the explanations, each word feeling like a punch to the gut. The symptoms mirrored exactly what I had gone through: heavy bleeding, severe cramping, passing small clots. It was as if the pieces of a puzzle were finally coming together, revealing a truth I had been too afraid to face.

But I needed more. I needed to be sure. "Could it have been an early miscarriage?" I wondered aloud, my voice trembling. I typed the question into the search bar, each keystroke heavy with fear and uncertainty.

The answer appeared on the screen like a cruel verdict. Yes, a miscarriage could occur before, during, or around the time of your expected period. heavy bleeding, severe pain, passing jelly-like clots—it all fit the signs of an early miscarriage.

I stared at the screen, my heart pounding in my chest, my mind spinning in a whirlwind of shock and disbelief. My throat felt dry, and I could feel beads of sweat forming on my forehead. I tried to steady my breathing, but it was no use. The world seemed to spin around me, everything blurring at the edges as I struggled to process the information in front of me.

I hesitated for a moment, then clicked over to the images. I was half-afraid of what I would see, but I needed to know. The photos that greeted me were mortifyingly accurate, a mirror of the experience I had endured. A shiver ran down my spine, the reality of it all crashing down on me like a tidal wave.

Anger welled up inside me, hot and fierce, burning in my veins. I was angry at Theodore for the stress he had put me through that could have caused it. I thought back to those weeks—the horrible breakup, the constant stress, barely eating, barely sleeping. I had been lost in my own world of pain, too consumed by the chaos to notice what was happening to my own body.

I was angry at myself for letting it all happen. But more than anything, I was furious at my own body—for failing me, for betraying me.