33

"I thought you didn't sell drugs!" I said.

"I don't! The guards do. I'm just the middle man."

Why did she have to be so technical? She knows what I meant. I didn't push the issue. It is what it is. I was so caught up on my own thoughts and couldn't shake the fact that Mitch wasn't a good guy. I asked Ja'Zaye again about the call and she insisted she doesn't know who called.

"Listen, Deysire I know which officers call but I do know some of who are involved. Griffin, she was the head of the operation and then everyone started wanting a piece of the pie."

"Everyone like who?"

"All of the guards. Don't really know which is responsible for which drop."

"All of them including Officer Mitch?" I asked.

"Church boy doesn't indulge."

"Ever?"

"Nah, here's one of the good ones."

I took a light sigh of relief. Maybe I was tripping.

After sorting everything out, Ja'Zaye had to go gather her posse and I headed back to my cell.

I made it back to my cell and Rayna wasn't back from breakfast yet so I decided to roam the dorm to find Mitch. As I headed out of the cell, he was walking in my direction and I didn't want it to look as if I were waiting for him, so I quickly ran back into my cell. I started moving things around on the shelf, trying to look busy.

"Let's go, Deysire."

"Go where?"

"Look, let's go. I don't need the extra questions today." He said in an annoyed manner.

I didn't put much on it because I figured he was taking me to forbidden hall but I was wrong.