13

Page 13

My mother's letter gave me hope. I felt so close to her. I pulled myself together and showered. I fixed my hair and also managed to take in a whole meal, at least what I considered a meal inside of here. I decided that I would save the last letter for tomorrow. Rayna walked into the cell as I was braiding my hair.

"Oh, look at you, Pretty Girl. How are you feeling?"

"Like s**t but not stinky s**t." I said.

We both laughed

"Well, I'm glad you're up, I miss our burrito nights. I have a lot to tell you."

"How about tomorrow? I'll even break the noodles up." I smiled

"Okay, it's a date." She said heading towards the door.
"Heads up, your boyfriend is heading down the hall."

"My boyfriend?"

"Yeah, Mitch. He's always asking me about you."

"He's just a nice person."

"Okay, nice guy my a** that man wants you, mama." She said dancing out of the cell.

I let out a chuckle and shook my head. Rayna is crazy but she was all I had in here. A little while passed and there was a tap on the cell.

"Good afternoon, Deysire."

"Hi, Officer Mitch."

"How are you today? Glad to see you're up."

"I'm well, thank you." I said not giving him eye contact.

"Well, I'm sorry about, you know, everything that happened to you."

"It's not your fault."

"I want you to have this." He said, handing over a pocket sized bible.

"Thanks." I said with a smile.

"Anytime." He replied while walking away.

I was appreciative but still refusing to pray as I didn't understand any of this. Maybe it's not for me to, that's what they say "Never question GOD.", but if he's real, why wouldn't he give me some kind of sign?