2

"Hey cry baby" Rayna said as she entered the cell.
"Hey, Rayna." I responded.

"Look alive, mama. I have burritos for tonight." She said in a joyful manner. She is always so upbeat, she was one of the nicest people I've met in here, if not the nicest.
Rayna is my cellmate and honestly the only person I speak to. Rayna helped me out when I first got in here. She heard me crying alone in the holding cell and offered to help me. She gave me a bunch of her toiletries and food that she had earned during her prison strip parties. She is such a free spirit and I have grown quite entertained by her hustle. Rayna prostitutes with the lesbian inmates and always offers me things that she had earned on commissary credit. Rayna is serving a 20 year bid for the murder of her pimp. Imagine that, two women incarcerated for protecting themselves.

Rayna was a victim of sex trafficking, her pimp was the stereotypical pimp. He pretended to be her boyfriend, took her away from her family back in Atlanta and started to verbally abuse her and then physical, sounds like a movie, I know but this was her truth. We were similar in so many ways but our differences, made us like night and day.

"Good afternoon, Dee." Officer Mitch said as he tapped the bars with his finger.

"Good afternoon, sir."

"How's the princess?" He asked referring to my baby.

"She's fine." I said, rubbing my belly.

"Well, it's time for your visitation."

"Oh yeah! That is today." I said in excitement.

"Come on." He said smiling at me.

I walked down the halls with my legs shackled together and my hands restricted. I finally reached the visiting room and there she was, greeting me with a warm smile and her presence was reassurance of GOD'S promise of never forsaking me.

"Hey Mom." I squealed falling into her arms.