"What's gotten into you Madison?" He asked worriedly.

"I want this over with. Whatever happens, happens. I want it finished."

"So you're willing to risk everything?"

"Yes." She said.

"I cant believe you Madison." He said reaching for the locket.

"Hey!" She screamed turning away just in time before he could grab it. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

"Taking that away from you. It's clearly messing with your head."

"What would you have done if you had broken it?" She asked.

"I would have saved you."

"How? Without this he would have taken my soul?!" She said waving the necklace in his face.

"Madison, please...just take it off." He begged softly, reaching out his hand to her.

She groaned, giving him a exasperated look and gently took the locket from around her neck and slipped it into her pocket, with one final glance at it. Jack watched her expectantly. She let out a deep breath her whole demeanour changing from right before his eyes.

"What are you looking at jack?" She spoke softly, confused at his expectant look that stared back at her.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asked curiously.

"Yeah, why what's the matter?" She asked confused. He stepped towards her cautiously, his eyes darting across her face so quickly like he was scanning for permission from her. But for what exactly?

"Jack?" She whispered, barely, watching his every move as he slowly stepped closer to her. He gently cupped her cheek in his hand, his fingers gently wrapping around the nape of her neck and his thumb standing at attention in front of her ear. 

"Why did you do that?" He breathed softly, his voice on the verge of breaking as he struggled to compose himself.

"I didn't have much of a choice now did I?"

"You had every choice!"

"What could I have done?" She asked.

He stayed silent, hanging his head down slightly exasperated. His hand still cupped against her cheek. 

"Exactly, that's what I thought." He stared back at her, desperately trying to speak with his eyes as if they could tell her everything that was going on through his head, as if this would be the last time that he would be able to. And even if it was just concealed within his mind, he was okay knowing that in his last conversation with her, he had told her everything that he was thinking and feeling in that moment.

"I have to ask, because it'll kill me if I dont...Do you love me?" Before she could even answer he shook his head, laughing softly to himself. "Actually, don't answer that. I already know the answer. "

"No you don't." She spoke softly.

"Shall we test this then?" He asked the etch of a smile on his face, leaning in close and gently pulling her towards him before placing his lips against hers. Her breathing hitched right before they're lips connected, and she didn't pull away, too frozen in place to fight back against him.