Chapter 15: Part two

"Mads! Madison come back!" Madison could hear him shouting from the crowd of people that she was allowing to drown out his voice, but her mind and body were solely focused on following Ella and seeing where she was scuttling off to.

She watched from behind a tall man from on the dance floor as she looked behind her and walked down the right hallway. From the distance she could still hear jacks voice calling out to her, but she kept ignoring it.

Jack took this as a sign that he should go and find Sarah and wait in the hall for madisons return, grabbing a strong drink off of the table, he set off to find Sarah and get some awnsers. Meanwhile, madison was silently stalking her friend as they each stepped down the regal hallway. Doors lined all across the walls in diagonal mirrors of each other, with silver statues standing guard by each door.

Must have a thing for medieval things. Madison thought to herself as she past the first statue. She was making sure to keep a safe distance between her and her best friend, in case she turned around.

As she took a tentative step forward, madison managed to find the only creaky floorboard from the whole floor.

In a split second she would be faced with Ella face to face. She had to think fast. Looking around she saw a statue right beside her, and throwing herself at its feet and curling herself into a ball, she hid herself from Ella's gaze just in time.

Madison held her breath, not daring to chance Ella hearing her hot, soft breath.  Madison listened carefully for her footsteps to continue on their journey to wherever she was heading to. Madison gave it a few seconds, just in case, She checked through the legs of the statue, making sure that she was in fact gone, before following in hot pursuit.

Madison gave the statue a gentle tap on the foot as thanks before following in the only direction Ella could have gone- right.

As she neared the corner she could hear Ella's voice and the voice of a man.

"Took you long enough to get here." He huffed disapprovingly.

"Alright chill your boots! Who's the one trying to get you out of this mess?" Ella questioned.

The mystery man was silent for a moment and Ella gave him a knowing grunt. "You've got what you promised me I take it?" He asked.

"Yeah I got it but have you got the guarantee that I need that you can do this job?"

"Check you're phone." He said plainly.

Madison listened to the silence, and she could hear the ping of her phone, and she heard the chuckle of Ella. "Pleasure doing business with you. You know what you need to do now?"

"Run it by me again just to make sure."

"Seriously Daxton! How many times do I have to tell you the same plan over and over again? You just have to keep this with you and as soon as you see that the time is right, you ring me off it and I'll know exactly where you are."

"Okay got it."

"Now scram! I don't want anyone seeing us together. And if anyone comes up to you asking about that night with sarah and zara, you play dumb got it?"