Chapter 18

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing?" Jack asked as they both stared at Ella as she stood at madisons doorstep.

Madison stared blankly at Ella as she stood at the steps to her house. Her mind racing as the emotions and thoughts ran endless laps around her head.

Why was she here?

What Would she say to her?

And would she be able to ask her about what she heard between her and Daxton?

"Mads are you okay?" Jack asked again, placing a hand gently on her shoulder. She looked at him with a pleading stare, a look that said all she needed to say. She needed him to stay with her right now. And he knew this.

He gave her a affirming nod and ran his hand down to hers, interlinking them. Together. She smiled at him and turned her gaze back to Ella.

By this point Ella was watching them, taking slow catious steps towards them, her eyes flowing down to they're interlocking hands, a small smile forming on her face. Her smile quickly dimmed as she remembered this situation that stood infront of her.

Madison started walking towards her her hands sweating as they held onto Jacks hand. Jack gripped tighter and gave her a reassuring squeeze. Madison couldn't help but get distracted at how right this felt, how new, but how right this felt with him. She gave him a side glance and saw him looking straight ahead watching Ella's every step, every movement. Scrutinising her.

Finally they were standing a few feet away from each other. The distance was finally closed, but the tension and anxiety ever growing.

"Hello." Ella said softly.

"Hi." Madison said, stifly.

Jack just nodded. Madison looked to him and gave him a final squeeze, before she realised his hand from hers. She slowly put her hands at her side.

"How are you both?" Ella asked, not liking the silence that was surrounding them.

Madison just shrugged, "fine thanks how's you?"

"Yeah were good and daxton?" Jack asked, quickly.

She paused for a moment, "What? Why are you asking me about daxton?" Ella asked confused.

"Come on, Ella." Jack said, his patience fading quickly.

"Why are you here?" Madison asked.

"What are you talking about mads? I'm your best friend! Am I not allowed to come down here a visit my bestie anymore?" She said defensively.

Madison took a deep breath in. "I saw you Ella."

"Saw me? What are you talking about?"

"She saw you with daxton at the party. You two sneaking off to meet each other." Jack said knowingly, throwing his arms into the distance pointing in random directions ahead of him.

She looked at him for a moment, processing what he had just said before she started laughing "Oh god you guys have got it all wrong!"