chapter 4

"Here's Maddie!" Madison sang as she entered the house. As she stepped in through she house she admired the modern detailing to the inside of the house, the hallway was a light shade of brown that lined the walls like freshly melted chocolate leading to the lounge that followed the same chocolate walls, which were paired with black cabinets that lay under the telly  and stretched above it to the right hand side of the screen that was hanging in the middle of the wall. a brown patterned rug lie in the middle of the floor in front of a leather sofa that was a light grey. at the back of the room sit a huge window that brightened the whole room.with brown curtains at either of the windows that were tied back at the middle by a tasselled rope. a table sit against the sofa with drinks resting atop it. 

"In here, crazy daughter of mine," a deep voice replied.

"Where's 'in here'?" Madison called back as she kicked off her shoes and walked through the corridor following the booming sound of her father's voice.

"In the kitchen," she entered the kitchen and saw her father cooking on the stove. He turned around to face her and Madison saw he was wearing an apron with James Bonds symbol holding a spatula instead of a gun with the words 'licence to grill' written beneath it . When he turned around Madison laughed.  once she entered the kitchen she saw their fully wooden designed kitchen, beautiful light oak lined cupboards that lined the bottom and the cupboards just above the cooker too. The breakfast table that sat in the middle of the room was also the same bright brown oak with dark oak chairs tucked under it, creating the perfect contrast.  madison sat down at that very same table pulling out one of the chairs for her to sit down on.

"Licence to grill, eh? Well you certainly have a licence to something,"

Her dad laughed and curtsied. "oh ha ha very funny, maddie moo. Remember I am still your father and so I ca-"

"Sausages are burning dad," Madison said pointing to the cooker. He held his finger up to tell her to wait while he sorted out the burning sausages. Madison chuckled as she watched him struggle with the food. She made her way over to the fridge and grabbed him a beer and herself, a can of coke and took a seat at the kitchen table and watched him.

"Oh yeah just sit down and get comfortable. Don't mind me." He muttered jokingly.

"Okay. As you wish dad." Madison said making herself more comfortable at the table. He had managed to deal with the food and it was no longer a danger hazard now. "Now I know what they mean when they say that the kitchen is no place for a man," she muttered.

"Would you care to do it?" her dad said smugly, holding out the spatula in front of him for her to take. Madison held her hands in the air. "Thanks for the beer kiddo, Wanna slug?" he said putting the spatula down for a second and tearing open the cap to the beer bottle in hand and holding it out for her to take.

"No thanks chef Bond," Madison smiled. "I'm afraid I'll have to turn down that offer down, pop." The two laughed together. Her dad quickly returned to finishing the cooking so that they could eventually eat.

"So how was your day kiddo?" he said pausing flipping the sausages and taking another gulp of beer.

Madison pinched a sweet from the sweet bowl that was sat on the table and shrugged. "same old, same old" she said placing a sweet in her mouth.

"How's Jack and Ella?"

"They're good," she said, her cheeks too busy chewing to really talk properly.