Chapter: 22

"You're crazy!" Jack cried as he chased after Madison as she made her way to the graveyard. She was wasting no time, she was serious about getting the answers she craved so desperately, even if that meant sacrificing her own soul to get them.

She held the locket in her hand as she trudged down the street, turning away from her home she knew so well to head into the unknown that awaited her in the graveyard. She looked intently at it, trying to memorise it's every scratch, it's every mark and it's every blemish, after all, the fate of not only Zara's, but her soul rested solely on this lockets condition.  because of this, she  decided to wear the locket to make sure that its kept safe.

"Are you even listening to me Madison?!" Jack cried, finally catching up to Madison and walking along side her.

"I am listening to you jack, I just have to do this."

"You just handed over your soul on a silver platter to the freaking devil!" He cried.

"I didn't hand it over to him, I made a deal with him, he hasn't got it yet." She said avoiding looking at him.

"He might as well with the stupid deal you just made. It's an empty locket mads!" He kept on screaming.

"I am well aware of that jack, but what choice did I have?!" She said finally making eye contact with him, continuing to walk beside him.

"Literally, any other choice than that!" He yelled, exasperated with her naivety.

"Look, I have to do this. I have to save her."

He sighed heavily. "Alone?"

"Well are you with me or not?" She said stopping to look at him directly.

"That's not fair you know I won't leave you to deal with this alone, I just wish you would hear me out." He said calmly, every inch of him pleading with her to listen to him.

"Well I'm listening jack, say what you want to." She said flailing her arms up in the air.

"Please, please, please! Think about this Madison, this is the devil we're talking about, he's not going to play fair. Did you stop to consider that in your plan?"

"Yes I did. I know he's going to be sneaky and throw unfair tricks at us, but we just have to be prepared."

"And how do you suggest we do that?" He asked puzzled.

"Well how much do you remember from your beast and ghoul books?"

He shrugged. "Enough, I guess, why?"

"Well, that's enough for me." She said as she continued to walk ahead of him.

"Wait, that's all your taking into this? My terrible memory?" He asked horrified.

"No. That's not all. I'm sure this locket means something to him we just have to be cleaver about it, he wants it in perfect condition, so that's what we have to do, keep it in perfect condition." She said looking at the locket again and a small smile creeping onto her face.

Jack observed her with a curious look on his face. "What good will that do us?"

"Guess we will have to wait and find out." She said simply, twirling the locket in her fingers.