Chapter 14

"You totally said that!"

"No I didn't, Jack! and that's the truth!"

Jack laughed at her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders playfully as they walked around the town centre, slowly making they're way back to madisons house for her to get ready.

He was currently in the middle of reminiscing about a time when they were kids and madison apparently said something that she's claiming that he misheard.

"I promise you, Jack that I never said you were a 'dough boy' i said don't be a 'dull boy' there's a difference. Plus we were like, what, ten at this point? Why do you still remember that?" She said removing herself from his grip.

He paused, unsure of whether to awnser honestly or joke it off any longer. He looked to her and smiled.

"Because it was the funniest moments that I can actually remember from our childhood."

She shook her head. "You remember some random things Jackie boy."

"Cant help what the mind remembers can I now maddie-moo."

She paused.

His mouth automatically shut, his lips rolling into his mouth. "Im so sorry mads it just kinda fell out!" He protested, desperately trying to grab her and pull her in for a hug. She smiled and politely refused him.

"It's okay. It's actually nice to hear that after all these years. Plus the person that originally said that name is back here with us again. Even if it is only for a little bit." She smiled as she continued to walk.

He rushed to catch up with her. "You sure you're okay? It really was an accident." He said eventually closing the distance between them.

She laughed a soft giggle. "Of course Jack It's fine. I know you wouldn't do anything to hurt me."

"You do?"

"Of course Jack. I know you wouldn't do anything to hurt me on purpose. You've never hurt me. " She said looking directly at him. Her eyes were full of sincerity as she spoke to him. He paused watching her as she continued walking ahead of him. His mind racing, debating the ways he can approach this situation.

Should he tell her now?

Should he stay quiet and not acknowledge what she said?

Should he say it back?

She looked back at him, a worried face looked at him as he stared into space. "You okay jack?"

Her voice shook him back into reality. Looking at her simple beauty he realised what he wanted to do.

"Yeah sorry I lost track of my thoughts." He said as he ran to catch up with her. She gave him a small questionable look but as they quickly fell back into normal conversation, her mind focused on the moment at hand.

"Where's Zara today then?" Jack asked sliding his hands into his pockets as they entered madisons Street.

"Oh, she's back at mine waiting for us to come back."