Chapter 6

Safe to say she had one of the worst night sleeps of her life since Zara dissapeared.

Madison woke up at 4 o'clock in the morning and was dressed by 5. It's clear to say that as soon as she could, she was leaving the house, but unfortunately for her she would have to wait another two or three hours before she could.

She started to pace her room, and then sat back down on her bed. Then got back up again and started walking around her room. Madison couldn't decide what she wanted to do. Nothing felt right. She could feel her body betraying her, her stomach felt like it was scrunching and squeeming into knots and she felt like she was going to throw up at any second. She kept fiddling with her hands, pulling at her finges as the nerves took over her body.

She picked up her phone and checked the time. 5:06am. She sighed and flopped onto her bed and rubbed her eyes. Only six minutes had passed and that felt like years right now. She thought about falling back asleep but she knew that wouldn't work as once she was up, there was no getting back to sleep.

She turned her telly on and put a DVD in, but she was too distracted by her thoughts to actually pay attention to it. She just thought about Zara and the time they spent together before all this happened. Madison smiled. She reached for a teddy that was lying just beside her bed and cuddled it.

She smelt it and remembered how Zara always smelt of lavender, just like the teddy does. Madison held it closer to her chest and felt tears start to brim in her eyes. She rolled over to her side and just held on to the teddy, smelling it again and wishing that Zara was here to tell her she should grow up and stop crying like she normally did, that's something Zara would say to make her smile again. She remembered how that always worked with her.

"I miss her," Madison sobbed quietly as she curled into herself and let the memory wash over her.

Madison knocked on the big dark door loudly. The door swung open furously to reveal that on the other side Zara was standing wearing a huge smile on her face.

"Madi-booo!" Zara cheered and embraced her friend in her arms. Her red hair was tied up into two ponytails on either side of her head and they were decorated with little beaded hairbands at both the bottom and the top. Her bright green eyes beaming as she stared into madisons dark grey ones. And her skin was a lovely pale colour.

They were total opposites in looks, Zara was the bright colourful girl with a bold attitude, and madison was the simple plain girl with the basic hair and personality. But together they complimented each other. Zaras balance and good fun nature matched perfectly with madisons quiet and timid one. When together they were a force to be reckoned with.

"Zara-mooo!" these were the nicknames they made for themselves when they were younger, and more innocent.

"me and Mad's are just going to my room she needs some much needed best friend time!" she called to her mum who was in the kitchen. The pair of them could hear someone calling back in repsonce but they were too busy laughing and giggling with one another.

Zara grabbed Madison's hands and tugged her through the house, up the stairs into her room and shut the door behind them.  Madison was pulled to the bed and made to sit down on it while Zara walked around her room making sure everything was tidy. Finally, Zara sat down on the bed beside Madison and placed her feet on her lap as she lay down.