Chapter 21:

The walk back seemed to last an enternity. Thoughts spinning around madisons mind. Lately it seemed like thats all her mind was doing recently.

Like, it was Its sole purpose.

Madison groaned to herself as she walked with jack as they made theyre way back to her house, the thoughts and scenarios, that were endlessly running laps around her mind, now becoming too much to bare. Thankfully for them both however, the rain had subsided and they hoped in the back of they're heads that it wouldn't start again for a while longer, at least until they got back home.

"What's up?" Jack asked, his eyes shifting from her to the front of him as he walked.

Madison shook her head gently, knocking herself out of the hole she had managed to dig from within her mind. "Nothing I'm good." She rushed out.

"What are you thinking of then?"

Madison groaned again. "Everything. I can't get it out of my head. It's driving me insane."

"Well don't do that mads I need you're brain for my homework later."

"Not the time for jokes Jack." Madison scolded.

He just shrugged his shoulders. "It's always the time for jokes. They're the life force of the planet!" He exclaimed.

A small chuckle escaped madsions lips as she listened to the words that he spouted in his effort to make her smile. It working most of the time. "Youre such a moron."

"But you love it."

"Yeah, yeah." She teased.

They fell into silence for a brief moment before jack decided to break it. "So what's the plan now?"

"Well we need to go see Ella, but this is the last time I'm going to try and get some awnsers from her. If she refuses I...well truth is I don't know what I'll do. I've already lost one friend...I want to try and avoid loosing another as much as I can."

"I understand that mads. You know I'll do whatever it is I can to help you."

"I know jack and I appreciate you more than you know. I would never have got this far on my own."

"Yes you would have." He said.

"I really wouldn't have."

"You have to trust in yourself maddie. You're more capable than you give yourself credit for."

"Maybe, I suppose I just have such high expectations for myself, that even I can't reach them." She said looking down at the floor.

"Well that's never going to help you is it?"

"No, maybe not. But it keeps me pushing on. Let's face it without that kind of determination I never would have got this far, and with you of course."

"Who was it that realised all the small details in zaras appearance?"

"Me, but-"

"And who was it that found out about daxton and Ella's secret little meeting at his party?"

"Me, but jack-"