The One I Want (4)

Surprise!
——————
Sean's POV

"I will not hear anymore of this, son! That whore is not what's fit for you nor this family. You aren't to see her again. If you do, I will fire her." My dad exclaimed, waving his hand dismissively.

"And let our company fall apart?! We wouldn't be shit without her-" I reasoned, matching his volume.

"Then I'll hire somebody better. Hell, maybe even someone more fit for you...since you can't seem to keep your hands off your assistant." He retorted before dismissing his son. I sighed, beginning to walk out. The next words on my tongue had been begging to come out for the last few months.

"If you don't accept Kaycee and I, then I quit. I love her like you love mom. I would risk anything for her, even our relationship, which you're making quite shallow. But if you can't accept us...then I'll let the company die with you." I spat, standing my ground. I felt lively, completely absorbed by Kaycee's love.

I know it seems impulsive but I planned for this. I've saved and worked enough to have something to fall back on. Enough to support Kaycee and I.

My ears were met with his silence. I could tell my words cut him, but it was a mystery if they were deep enough. This was a desperate remedy that I was more than willing to do. "If that's how you feel then fine. Goodbye, son." He stated sharply, not even baring to look me in the eye, let alone my direction.

"Don't call me that. Cheuk." I spat before walking out and never looking back. I maintained confident strides to my empty office, knocking on Kaycee's door along the way. Finally, I was a free man.

My girlfriend knew to come quickly after I knocked, which she did, meeting me in my office, closing the door behind her. "Lock it." I said sharply while leaning on my office desk for the last time. She obliged, giving me a questioning look before turning back around to me.

"Is everything okay? And what's with the empty office? Is your dad making you redecorate?" Kaycee asked, concern settling in her hazel orbs. I couldn't help but smile at her adorable face, holding my hands out for her. "I quit." I stated, wrapping my arms around her securely.

Kaycee looked absolutely irresistible today. Her hair draped over her shoulders with a light blue headband pulling it back. She wore mascara, lip gloss, and small stud earrings today, which made her sparkle. Her light grey dress shirt tucked into light blue dress pants, which outlined her hips beautifully.

Her eyes bulged, silently calling me crazy. "Why?! What about the company-" She exclaimed.

"Listen, I want this and now I can have it. My dad won't be able to hold it over my head anymore. We can be together at peace without worrying about the consequences." I explained, rubbing her back soothingly. I patiently watched as the wheels turned in Kaycee's head to understand my actions.

Her eyes began to tear up once she locked eyes with me. "What is it?" I put my hand on her cheek, softly stroking it. "I broke up your family." She cried, letting her tears flow.

"No. No, no, baby, you didn't. I promise you. This was all me. My dad and I always bumped heads, you know that. It was bound to happen. You didn't do anything wrong." I told her in a gentle tone as I hugged her tightly. My lips lingered on her forehead as I proceeded to rub her back.

"I'm gonna take care of all of this and you. I just want you by my side, not under me. That's all I want." My voice was only just above a whisper in an attempt to soothe her. It wasn't my intention to upset her. I thought she'd be happy, excited even. Regardless, this was something I wanted for us. I couldn't take being controlled by my dad anymore.