Bon Appétit

Kaycee's POV

"kaycee rice and sean lew, right this way." a lady in a red pantsuit guided us.

sean and i were on the late late show for the first time. it was scarier to go to interviews now that we were adults and had all types of freedom. sean and i were often put on blast about our relationship, which at the moment, still had yet to be determined.

i've had feelings for sean for years, but never seemed to work up the courage to tell him. i didn't know how he felt about me. as far as i knew, i was seen as his little sister in his eyes. we both had our one night stands here and there to satisfy our...needs, but other than that, nothing serious.

we were aware that people wanted us to be together but we never paid much attention to it. we were partners and best friends. that was all.

the lady guided us to the curtain where people waited to be announced. "okay, just wait here to be called then you just go through." the lady said. i smiled at her in thanks. she walked away getting back to work while sean and i just stood there.

"nervous?" i asked sean. he was rocking on his tippy toes then to his heels back and forth, something he always did when nervous. "just a little." he said with a little chuckle.

"don't be. you'll be fine. if anyone should be nervous, it's me. i haven't worn a dress since last year and i'm making an appearance on tv with one." i said, reassuringly squeezing his hand. my mom convinced me to dress up a little for this interview. i wore a navy blue dress with black pumps. i had left my hair curly and out.

"you look-"

"ladies and gentleman, we have some really special guests today. i literally watched them grow up. from competition kids to competitors on world of dance to traveling the world teaching thousands of people. please help me welcome the brilliant dance duo of sean lew and kaycee rice." james corden announced then clapping along with the audience.

we walked through the curtain and into the welcoming atmosphere that was james's audience. we waved to the crowd with genuine smiles on our faces. it was always a pleasure being surrounded by our supporters and their positive energy. we greeted james with hugs then sat down on the black couch with me sitting closer to james.

the audience's loud cheers continued as we sat down. "hey guys! it's been quite a while hasn't it?" james smiled. "how are you?"

"we're great. how are you?" i replied reflecting the same smile. sean adjusted himself to be closer to me, despite the space on the couch. i giggled nervously at the proximity, but it seemed that i was the only one who acknowledged it.

"i'm amazing. and wow you both look fantastic. don't they, ladies and gentleman?" james complimented looking at both of our attires. sean wore a black dress shirt with jeans and black dress shoes. overall, he looked sexy. i blushed at the applause but quickly recovered.

"you're literally glowing." james said unbelievably. i giggled once again at his compliment which he smiled at. "she's such a light, isn't she?" james said looking to sean. sean nodded smiling at me.

"so you guys just got off tour. which has amazing feedback, by the way. how was that for you both? how did it feel?" he asked.

"yeah, we toured the country. it was great. we loved it. no matter how tired we were, it was just a pleasure to meet and teach our supporters. the energy was incredible. not a single dull moment." sean explained. the audience applauded his answer and i just sent him a smile.

"that's nice to hear. you brought fellow dancers with you as well, correct?" james asked eyebrows furrowed.

"yes. we brought bailey sok, julian deguzman, kenneth san jose, and jade chynoweth. who are all really close friends of ours so that was really fun." i said smiling at the memory. the audience applauded once again as i mentioned the well-known dancers that were our friends.