Saudade

Mature content warning!!

Kaycee: 18 years old
Sean: 19 years old

Sean's POV

i pulled open the door to tmilly studios, ready to start teaching. "good afternoon, mr. lew. signing in?" bryan, the man that sat at the front desk in the lobby, greeted me with a smile.

"good afternoon, bryan. i told you to just call me sean." i said, reflecting his smile while signing the 'sign in' sheet. "what room am i in?" i asked adjusting the bag on my shoulder. he typed away on the computer searching for the info on my room.

"you're in...room 20B. contemporary, huh?" bryan asked, lifting an eyebrow.

"just felt like it. haven't done it in a little while." i shrugged. he gave me a room ticket and i made my way to the room. after a minute or two, i entered the spacious room and sat my bag down next to the speaker. already having the song ready, i ran through my choreo making sure i didn't leave anything out.

last night, I was in my garage dancing and soon enough i began to choreograph and along came this piece. i wanted it to be about a person's love that still remains after something is gone----mostly when it's a person. a part of you gets lost because they meant so much to you. i would love to say this idea just came to mind spontaneously, but i'd be lying.

it was about kaycee. kaycee has been on tour around the country for 2 months and i missed her. sure, she would call and text me but it wasn't the same as having her in my arms. fortunately, she still had 2 weeks left so i could wait it out...i think.

kaycee and i hadn't brought it to the public that we were dating, but everyone knew how strong our connection was. after i released my be alright cover, some supporters questioned if i was okay. i was fine, just not as good as i would be if kaycee was with me. i wasn't depressed or anything, it just wasn't the same without her. i often distracted myself with cooking, working out, or dancing. i couldn't dance too much because then i'd think about how it feels dancing with kaycee.

i guess you could say i'm kind of lost, but i knew that once she came back i would be completely myself again. i'd be able to see the smile that lights up my world and hear the giggle that was music to my ears. i smiled as i heard the pleasant sound in my head.

after running through the dance multiple times, people began to show up. the first to walk in was alex and jade. they smiled while sitting their bags down then running to me with open arms. "hey, genius." jade greeted me, hugging me. i just smiled at the everlasting thing she decided to call me while hugging her back.

"hey guys." i greeted them back. i then hugged alex. "hey, man. we haven't seen you in ages. how've you been?" alex asked, ruffling my hair.

i shrugged. "i'm okay. i'm not gonna lie though, days have been pretty boring without kaycee. but i'm proud of her and she won't be leaving for a while once she gets home." i said honestly.

they gave me sad smiles and another hug. after catching up a little more while stretching, i began teaching. it wasn't a big class, but a medium size. i loved teaching classes like this. the energy was always amazing, but with classes like this, students felt more vulnerable. like they could actually let go and express any and every emotion their body needed to.

i made sure to slow my movements on the parts where there were intricate movements that needed to be made. for this routine, i picked the song younger by ruel. i posted a clip of me dancing to it before but that was just more of getting my brain flowing for inspiration. i started to feel the lyrics more recently and it reminded me of kaycee and i.

when we were younger there weren't many responsibilities you had to face. you were curious and ready for anything that came your way. but now, every obstacle somehow messes with you. her not being with me was like missing my other half.