The One I Want

Sean's POV

"sean, i don't want to hear another word about it! we already discussed this. you are marrying her whether you like it or not. it keeps the family economy going and i'm not going to let you screw it up for everybody just because you want to hop in some tramp's pants." my dad spat before leaving the office.

i groaned at my dad's stubbornness and plopped down onto my desk chair. after a couple minutes of gathering myself, i got back to work. right when i wrote the first letter on my paperwork, there was a knock on the door. "come in." i called out, slightly frustrated.

in walked my assistant with her straight brown locks flowing down her back and navy blue dress shirt tucked into her black dress pants. she wore black shoes with a small heel. her shirt made her beam because of the contrast between it and her skin tone, along with the brightness of her smile.

"good morning, mr. lew! your sister, serris is on the phone. she wants to know if you'd be free for dinner tonight." her voice was soft but she spoke with authority, like she knew her worth and demanded you to listen. she looked me straight in the eye when speaking, which is something, just one of the things, i liked the most about her. most women would shy away and look down at her feet while she knew her mission and was determined to get a result out of a situation.

"tell her i am free." i replied after briefly checking her out. she nodded then was about to walk out of the office. "and rice, i would appreciate it if you did not speak to me in contractions. also, you know to call me sean. we are friends after all." i teased.

"well, i am sorry. i know you do not like your work time being wasted...sean." kaycee said with slight sass. i glared at her, causing a smirk to form on her lips. "and let us be honest here, we both know that we are far from being just friends."

i twiddled with the pen in my hand as i knew she was right. "now if you will excuse me, i need to finish that phone call with your sister." kaycee said while walking out the door.

let me explain this because you're probably very confused. well long story short, kaycee and i are often intimate with each other. it wasn't a 'i think you're hot, let's hook up' type of thing, it was completely platonic at first. we were friends, but then one night my dad called and the next thing i knew, i was in an arranged marriage with a family friend that was slightly younger than me.

i was so upset and i didn't really know why. i never knew what love was outside of familial, which is something my father and i lack towards each other. but that was all until i met kaycee. i never understood the jealousy and anger i constantly felt when other employees would flirt with her or ask her out on dates when i was at her desk or just simply overheard it. i thought i was being that protective friend who didn't want their friends to fall into the wrong arms.

but i was wrong.

slowly but surely, i fell for her. it was hard not to. kaycee stood out in this company. if someone yelled at her, or called her an offensive name, it is like she thrived off of it. she would smile in their face and shut them down in the classiest way possible. she could bring light to any situation. that's why kaycee's my assistant. she has a backbone and does not cry over small things.

we were friends before my CEO position. then feelings started to get involved. i would go to her when i had problems with anything, whether it was family, work, or something mental. she was my support system. then one night, i drank a little too much.
~~
"hello?" kaycee answered on the phone. her voice was raspy so i could tell that i woke her up.

"hey there, kayc. what are you doing?" i greeted with a slur in my voice. i heard kaycee sigh and shuffling in the background. "where are you, sean? is it the usual place?" she asked as i heard the jingle of keys.