Fairytale

Sean's POV

"no! for the last time, i don't want you to go!" he yelled at kaycee.

"i don't care what you want. i'm not yours anymore." kaycee spoke calmly. his eyes filled with hurt and anger. he was never able to cope with himself after he lost her. he had no idea what he had until she was gone.

"how could you say that after all we've been through?! he'll never be there for you!" he yelled back.

"yes, he will- he has! more than you ever were. all you did was drink away your life and hit me for trying to make you better. don't ever say i was yours because you never loved me." kaycee said bitterly.

this didn't seem real. i never witnessed kaycee so angry, and if she was, she never showed it in public. yes, you heard me right. we are in public. kaycee and i were walking into the dance studio we're supposed to teach in but were stopped when connor pulled up in his car.

connor never liked kaycee and i's friendship. he always thought the worst when it came to us when it was far from true. and that was just a little part of why i didn't like him. he didn't trust kaycee, he never treated her right. always making her pay for things they did together, never making the effort to spend time with her, never there for her, never took care of her when she was in need. he never loved her.

kaycee was the person to see the good in people, never the bad. but it took connor's actions to see that their relationship was toxic. "because you cheated on me with him. how could you throw us away?" he yelled stepping closer to her.

at this point, kaycee was walking away and towards me who held her bag tightly in anger. it was getting harder with every second not to punch him in the face. as kaycee walked towards me, our eyes met. her eyes were sad and filled with anger. i gave her a sad smile, to which she returned it. "kaycee, don't walk away from me when i'm talking to you!"

i just grabbed kaycee's hand and put her behind me. i was sick of watching her get hurt by him over and over. there were too many nights where kaycee came to my door with bruises and tears.

one was too many.

"kayc, i need you to go inside and get started. i'm gonna handle this." i said softly, putting my hand on her shoulder then sliding it down her arm. she shook her head.

"no. i can't let you do that- i won't let you. i care about you and i can't watch you get hurt-" kaycee said in a quiet tone frantically.

"hey, hey. now you understand my reasoning." i said, softly cupping her cheek. kaycee looked into my eyes pleadingly, telling me not to do anything. "get your hands off my girl, lew." he grimaced. i just chuckled while giving kaycee a hug and lingering kiss on the forehead.

kaycee let out a content sigh while hugging me back. "please be careful. you know how connor can be." she begged with wide, worried eyes. i nodded before handing her our bags then watching her slowly walk inside. she stood at the door for a little bit before walking away from it and deeper into the building.

i turned around cautiously to make sure connor didn't try anything. "what's your deal, connor?" i asked crossing my arms. he scoffed then tried to walk pass me. "i need to talk to kaycee." i stepped in his way.

"mmm, i don't think so, connor." i said. i scratched the back of my head then looked back at the doors. "she's not very keen with you and well, i've never been so." i smirked.

"what? was this part of your plan? being kaycee's right hand man until she was vulnerable enough to fully trust you? hm?" he asked cocking his head to the side with a bitter smirk. i chuckled genuinely humored. "kaycee's always trusted me. it just so happened that a jackass like you came along and tried to tear her apart." i said.