Decisions, Decisions

Y'all know what time it is! Mature content below! Enjoy, you nasties! I kid!

Sean's POV

"Guys, I'm not understanding why you can't get this! The show is in two weeks and neither of you are executing this routine like I know you can." Jojo expressed.

A sigh left my lips, knowing she was right. I pushed myself up off the floor and walked over to my bag and water bottle. With my bottle in hand, I strolled over to Kaycee, putting my hand on the small of her back. "Kayc?"

My best friend jumped as she was startled by my presence. She began coughing, choking on her own water. I pat her back gently then rubbed it soothingly. "Are you okay, angel?" I asked in concern.

Her face instantly flushed red, almost the color of a tomato due to her struggle for air. Kaycee nodded then turned away to proceed choking. Once she was done, she wiped her tears with the back of her hands before huffing out some air.

"I'm fine. You just startled me a bit." She chuckled before looking up at me with kind eyes. My eyes softened at her glossed eyes and red cheeks. I brought my hands up to her face. Softly, I cupped her cheek with one hand then wiped the remaining fallen tears off of her cheeks.

"What do you think we're doing wrong?" I asked her. A few beats of silence passed, making me lock eyes with her in question. "Kayc." I called out, making her jump.

"Yeah? Uh, I'm not really sure. Maybe our moves are a bit sloppy. We probably just have to clean it up a bit, right Jojo?" Kaycee asked, backing away and crossing her arms. She looked to Jojo, who was across the room, with hopeful eyes.

"That's actually not the problem at all. It's actually the connection that's off." Our mentor informed us. "Look guys, your chemistry is always through the roof, but today it's like...blocked?" She tried to explain using hand gestures.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "That's ridiculous. Kayc and I have great chemistry." I shrugged, not seeing the problem. "Right, angel?" I asked, ruffling her hair and pulling her closer to me by her hand. The red in her face got even more prominent as she gave me a slight nod.

"Yes, but chemistry isn't your connection. You guys are older and this is an intimate dance. However, part of that intimacy is friendship. You two have to become one with each other, to feel each other's essence. So, I'm sending you two out. It's...almost 2 o'clock so why don't you guys go and hang out with each other, just the two of you." She paused, giving us pointed looks. "Talk, engage, laugh, cry, I don't care. Just get rid of whatever this is." She said while gesturing between us.

We nodded, collecting our bags. "Be back at 8." Jojo ordered, sending us a wink. As we walked out, I held the door for Kaycee along with taking her bag off her shoulder and into my hand. "Sean, I told you I had it!" She snapped in annoyance.

I took in her surprising outburst and let out a small sigh. "Okay, I get it. You're upset about rehearsal. So what it didn't go well? There's a chance for us to fix it, that's all that matters." I reassured her with a smile. My hand settled on her upper back, rubbing it soothingly while walking to her car.

"It's not- you know what? Let's just go eat." Kaycee replied with an exasperated sigh. She helped herself to opening her car door and getting in the driver's seat, allowing me to be the passenger.

"Where do you want to eat?" I asked while buckling my seatbelt.

"I don't know, you pick." She shrugged, buckling her own seatbelt.

"I picked last time. It's your turn." I responded, smiling in amusement. She was cute when she was annoyed. Hell, she's cute all of the time, who am I kidding?