Interview

Sean's POV

"okay. here is your dressing and makeup room. you guys can just chill in here, snacks and drinks are on the table. we'll come get you in about the next hour or so." the crew member smiled, opening the door to the room.

kaycee and i were told to come on the set of ellen for an interview. after world of dance, we were recognised even more for our concept videos and teaching choreo.

we spent so much time together. we've come to be really close friends...but lately i've been wanting us to be more.

sure, we've talked about it but it's becoming too much for me. it was hard to not look at her for too long or touch her, especially in public. i almost kissed her in front of everyone in a class we were teaching yesterday. the whole atmosphere was filled with emotions and they almost got the best of me. luckily, the applause pulled me back into reality. the worst thing was that the class was filmed.

thanks tim.

"thank you." kaycee smiles at the kind lady. kaycee grabs my hand and pulls me into the room with her.

we sit down on the couch and wait for the makeup artists to come.

"are you nervous?" kaycee asked, putting her head on my lap.

"if i'm being honest, a little bit. we'll be fine, though." i replied, stroking her hair. she left it natural today, something i've always loved.

"if you say so," she lets out a shaky sigh. "kayc, we're gonna be okay. they'll just be asking about simple stuff." i say, trying to calm her down.

we sit in a comfortable silence waiting on the makeup artists to come. i continue to play with kaycee's hair, but am interrupted when kaycee turns her body to look up at me.

"what's wrong?" i ask once i see her face. it was almost unreadable, but knowing kaycee, i could see that she was frustrated.

"what are we?" she said, almost inaudible. i was caught off guard by the question. i open my mouth, but close it back.

i didn't know. she was as frustrated as i am. all i knew is that i wanted to be more, but that didn't mean we were already at that stage in our relationship. whatever our relationship was.

i would say 'i don't know,' but i wanted to give her a better answer than that.

"i wish i knew kayc," i paused while sighing, "i can tell you this much. i have with you something that i don't have with anyone else." i look down at her and meet her gaze. a smile takes over her face once the words leave my mouth.

she sits up and hugs me tight. i put my head into the crook of her neck after kissing her cheek as i wrap my arms around her. when we pull away, our eyes locked. her brown and green orbs bore into my chocolate brown ones for what seems like eternity.

we are knocked back into present time when we hear someone enter the room. we break apart slowly to create less suspicion.

"hi, i'm angela. i'll be sean's makeup artist for today." she gives us both a kind smile and sets up her products and brushes by the mirror.

kaycee gets off of me and moves to the other cushion on the couch.

-----------------

"hello, ladies and gentleman. we have two special guests here today. if you don't know these two teenage geniuses then you've been sleeping under a rock," ellen announces. "give it up for sean lew and kaycee rice!"

we walk out from backstage side-by-side with big smiles on our face. the energy in the room was amazing. it felt welcoming. it helped rid some of my nerves.