Mad At You

Kaycee's POV

"Okay, let's take it from the top, then we'll take 10." I announced to the class in front of me.

It was my first class in LA and all of my friends showed up to show support. Bailey, Tahani, Julian, Josh, Chloe, Taylor, Sean, and even Ken while he's in town visiting.

Once I saw all of their supportive smiles, all of my nerves and doubts faded away. I was teaching a song called Mad At You by Noah Cyrus. It was an emotional piece I made when Sean and I got into a heated argument. I was so upset that I danced it out and ended up making choreo to it.

Did Sean know it was about him? No.

that argument was actually recent. we haven't been speaking, actually. It's been a week, but I guess he still wanted to support me. I can't even remember what the argument was about, but either way, I couldn't be mad at him.

Because I love him.

"Great....nice." I was mesmerized by all of these people. They were learning from me. I never thought that I'd be here teaching hundreds of people.

"Alright, let's take 10." I said after the class finished dancing the choreo. Everyone clapped and walked off to their bags and socialized, while I went off to my own.

"You're doing great, Kayc." Bailey said, smiling at me. I hug her in thanks. "Oh, um, do you know what's going on with Sean?"

I'd like to dodge her question, but in this situation, I couldn't. "What do you mean?" I asked, playing dumb.

"He's completely dazed. He's brushing off our questions, tuning out conversation, and most importantly, he refused to cook for celebration." Bailey claimed, counting on her fingers.

"Well, just give him some time. Maybe he'll open up?" I suggest.

"Nope. You're gonna talk to him."

"What? Why me?" I practically yell, causing everyone to look in my direction. "Why me?" I whispered.

"Kaycee, you talk to him the most. You guys are practically attached at the hip." Bailey said, making her point. I nod giving in and Bailey hugs me thankfully then goes back to where she was originally.

I let out a sigh, suddenly stressed. I walk over to where Sean and Julian are standing and see that they're having a conversation.

Well, Julian was talking but Sean wasn't listening. He did in fact, look dazed. He looked like he didn't get any sleep, much like he did when we were doing wod. Sean snaps out of his daze when he sees me standing in front of him.

"Julian, can I talk to sean for a minute?" I whisper to him. He nods and walks away, not before giving me a reassuring pat on the shoulder. I sat next to Sean on the floor shoulder to shoulder so we could hear each other better.

"Hey, Shamu." i said softly.

"Now you wanna talk to me?" Sean scoffs. I look at him confused. "Don't play dumb Kaycee. I know you've been rekindling your friendship with Gabe for the last couple weeks." He looked at me with a cold glare. Sean never acted like this. Even if he was jealous, he never actually showed it.

"Sean, what are you talking about? It was a birthday message. One message. And he texted me, Sean. It just so happened that you just saw it. All I said was 'thank you'. Sean, we are in this together." I said, pointing in-between us. "I'm in love with you, Sean, not Gabe." He finally turns his head to look at me.

He was hurt. It was clear that he had a breakdown or two. It was all a big misunderstanding that Sean had completely mapped out in his brain.

He took my hand and kissed it, something he always did as a silent apology. In this case, it wasn't enough, but you know how it goes. I can't be mad at him.

I continue teaching the class and eventually we start to film. Everyone completely murdered it. They brought so many different elements to the choreo, it was so hard to believe that I had made it. Last, it was my turn. When the music started, I got into my zone and soon, it was only me in that room. I let all of my frustration out as I danced the story I was living. I was on the floor, curled up with my hair in my face and the song ended.

i was brought back into reality when the applause began. It was slow and then the cheers got louder and louder. I couldn't hear myself. After dismissing the class and taking pictures with my supporters, I was greeted by sean.

"I'm really sorry, Kayc." he said, stepping closer to me.

I shake my head and shrug his apology off. I grab my bag and make my way to his car. "Kayc," he said softly, grabbing my arm gently. He stops me in my tracks and stands in front of me. "What's wrong?"

"It's not a big deal, lew." I said, tired of the topic.

"Then why are you being like this, Kaycee?" Sean said, frustrated. "You need to talk to me, Kayc. We're in a relationship."

"Maybe you should take your own advice." I snapped. Sean looks taken aback. He recovers from his shock and his face goes into a confused state. "What are you talking about?"

I let out a shaky breath to calm myself down and continue to talk. "you don't let me in, sean. you get upset and ignore me. All of the time, I'm wondering, what I did or how I can fix my mistake, but I can't." I said, pointing to myself, tears forming in my eyes. "I try so hard to make you happy, but it's never enough because no matter what I do, you get upset." I yell frustratedly. I try to get my breathing back to normal and lower my voice. "I love you, Sean. And you know what sucks? No matter how much you get on my nerves, or drive me crazy with shit like this, I can't be mad at you for it. I can't help the fact that I love you." I said, stepping back. It hurt me to let all of it out. Letting out one thing, then others following behind it.

"So that choreography was about us." Sean realizes, talking to himself more rather than me.

Broken, I drop to my knees and let all of the tears out. I feel Sean engulf me into a warm hug. He kisses my head, letting his lips linger, and rubs my back as I sob into his shirt. It felt like we were there for hours. Soon, there weren't anymore tears. I had cried too many times, frustrated, about this alone.

I pulled away from him and looked into his eyes, mine still blurry from sobbing. He had been crying too. his eyes were filled with sorrow.

I hold back a whimper from seeing my boyfriend like this right in front of me. his grip gets tighter and he cups my cheek.

"I'm sorry," he said softly. "Kaycee, I had no idea you felt that way. I didn't know I made you feel that way. I'm gonna do better, baby. I'm sorry I don't listen. I love you so much. You are my light, Kaycee Rice, you make me so happy." His voice broke at the last sentence.

He kisses my cheek and hugs me again. My heart swells at his actions and words. I hugged him back, my head on his chest.

"We should probably get in the car. It's getting dark." I said, slightly chuckling. He nods with a small smile. After he stands up, he swiftly picks me up bridal style. "Sean." I squeal, giggles following.

He puts me in the passenger seat and kisses my head, then closes the door. He walks around the car and gets in the driver's seat. "I was supposed to drive." I said in realization.

"Too bad." He said, ruffling my hair, then pulling out of the parking space.

The drive was silent. It wasn't awkward or uncomfortable. It was a mutual silence, comfortable. I reached out to hold his hand and he gladly intertwined them and kissed mine.

Suddenly, I feel my eyelids getting heavy. I drift off into a peaceful sleep surrounded by the welcoming scent of my boyfriend and love in the air. I squeeze Sean's hand tighter, never wanting this moment to end.

"I love you."