Don't Leave

"kaycee, please. open the door." sean begged her for the nth time.

"leave me alone, sean." her voice was weak, barely audible. they had been rehearsing but all of the sudden, kaycee ran out and here they were. sean didn't understand. one minute they were dancing, the next he was begging her to open the room door.

sean twisted the doorknob quietly to feel that it was unlocked. he opened the door to see her taking her clothes out of his drawers. "kayc," he said softly while slowly approaching her.

she seemed startled when he reached her, flinching when he tried to touch her. "kaycee, what's wrong?" sean asked, concerned. kaycee ignored him and swung her tote bag over her shoulder.

sean blocked kaycee from the door, not letting her leave until he got an answer. he hated seeing her like this. kaycee and sean are best friends, she should be able to talk to him, he thought. "move out of the way, sean." she said in a defeated tone.

kaycee kept her eyes on the floor, her hair covered half of her face. "will you just wait for a sec?" he begged, grabbing her waist gently as she attempted to leave once again. "sean, move!" she groaned frustratedly.

"not until you tell me what's wrong with you." i said sternly, not backing down.

"you're what's wrong with me! there, i told you. now, move." she said bitterly. kaycee shoved sean away, moved past him and out the door. she was about to slam it but he held the door to stop it. everything was happening so fast that sean didn't even have the time to pay attention to the incoming pain in his chest.

"what did i do?" sean asked, his voice cracking.

kaycee was losing her mind. the problem she had was that she was falling in love with her best friend and it was stressing her out. she figured it out after sean stood up for her last week when people were bashing her about her weight. he had done everything in his power to stop them and he did. soon, every dancer and choreographer they knew were defending her and sending her love. all thanks to sean's efforts. he also stayed with her throughout the whole time and made sure she never got upset.

the truth was, kaycee was torn. frustrated. angry at the fact she was falling in love with sean. so in that time period, she had been distancing herself from him. cancelling plans, not talking to him when out with friends, not staying after rehearsal. but none of that helped.

slowly, she was falling apart by not being around sean. he was like a prescription that she couldn't live without. a drug.

when she didn't answer, he grabbed her wrist gently, making the bag drop out of her hand and face him. "kaycee, please just talk to me." he plead.

"damn it, sean! i don't have to tell you everything. fuck off!" kaycee snapped. she snatched her wrist out of his grip and grabbed her bag off of the floor. kaycee saw the hurt that flashed in his eyes. it made her heart ache, but it was the only way she could make sure he didn't follow her out the door.

"i just want to help you. i want to take your hurt away. please kaycee. don't leave." sean said softly. he made his way to her, leaning his forehead on hers and holding her close. kaycee's heart was beating out of her chest. she prayed that sean couldn't feel it.

"s-sean..." she stuttered as his hands slid from her waist to her neck and down her arms to her shaking hands. "i-i'm sorry. i didn't mean.."

"it's okay. i know you're stressed and frustrated. i just want to know why. what did i do? i want to fix this." sean said while holding her face in his hands.

"i...i'm in love with you, sean." kaycee breathed. too scared, she closed her eyes not wanting to see his reaction. little did kaycee know, sean was over the moon. his heart pounded hard and fast at the words. he had never heard such lovely words.

"i've been pushing you away and avoiding you, as well as my feelings and i'm sorry." kaycee said, squeezing sean's hand apologetically.

"and i'm in love with you, kaycee." sean smiled, sweeping her hair out of her face then kissing her on her lips.

for the rest of the day, they shared their love for each other through...let's just say, an intimate dance.