Missing You

This was originally a draft and I wasn't planning on posting it at all. I don't really like it but hopefully you guys find some enjoyment out of this. Bye!
-Bre
———
Sean's POV

The applause booming from the audience brought me out of my trance. When dancing, I always got lost in the music and my movements to tell the desired story. It just happened that the emotions of songs would easily link to something in my life's current events. I bowed and forced a smile to the crowd in thanks. "That's all tonight, folks. How about we get another applause for this genius right here, Sean Lew?"

The audience instantly obliged, so loud I couldn't even hear myself. With a small wave and smile, I was guided off stage and behind the curtain. I made my way to my dressing room, needing time alone. Once I arrived, I sat in a chair then checked my phone. Nothing.

I was currently doing a total of 5 shows with Noah Kahan. I'd done a couple projects with him, but due to his supporters' requests and our compatibility, we teamed up once again. We were currently in Sacramento, California, one of my favorite cities personally. It was around 9 p.m., and we had just finished a concert show of his.

The feeling of guilt rushed to my heart in an instant, making it drop into my stomach. I put my head down onto the table in front of me. Hell, I was fighting the urge to bang it on the edge so it could crack open. My intrusive thoughts were halted as a knock sounded on my door. "Come in." I called out.

"Hey, Sean." The voice I recognized as Noah's greeted me. I turned to see him settling on the denim blue couch placed against the wall opposite of my chair. "Hey." I breathed out, rubbing my face in frustration.

"You did great tonight, I thought I'd let you know. The audience loved you. I'm already getting DM's about you." He chuckled, sipping from his bottle of water. I forced a chuckle to fly from my lips. "Thanks."

"And...I wanted to check on you. You've been aloof today- the whole trip actually. Now that we have time on our hands, let's chat." He stated bluntly, folding his hands. I gave him a look as if I was clueless, but he proceeded to wait.

"I'm fine, Noah-" I started, but was cut off by his exclaims. "Don't give me that bullshit, Seanathan Leward! I know something has you peeved and we both know it's not adulthood."

I pursed my lips due to my bad attempt at lying. "Does it maybe have something to do with Kaycee?" Noah pried. My heart soared at the mention of her name. A small smile made its way onto my face as I thought of the last time I saw her. I didn't even notice the heat that rushed to my cheeks until I heard a scream. "Ah ha! Man, I'm good. Did you think I wouldn't notice the requests for Kaycee to join us on tour?" He laughed.

"What gave me away?" I asked, crossing my arms then slouching in my chair like a 5-year old.

"More like what didn't give you away. You've been walking around like a sad puppy, almost every time you get on the phone with your friends, you ask about her, oh and let's not forget your instagram feed. You're practically stalking her." Noah babbled, making wild gestures with his hands.

I frowned at how obvious I was. "I don't need to stalk her. We're best friends!" I grumbled. Sure, I asked about her, but that was natural. There was never a time where she wasn't on my mind.

"Then just call her and stop torturing yourself." He shrugged, not seeing the problem. "I can't." I hissed, standing to change. "If I could, I would. In a fucking heartbeat, but unfortunately, she's avoiding me." I confessed.

Noah smirked at me wordlessly. His squinted eyes stared at me with a quizzical look. "What is it?" I asked in an agitated manner while fumbling with my shirt.