56.

•°•

•°•

Asterin kept pushing the elevator buttom so fast in anger as she waited for the elevator to come down.

Walking inside the elevator Asterin stood behind Teresa staring in front of her while tapping her foot against the ground nervously.

As the doors were about to close a hand suddenly caught it startling them, Asterin fist clenched around the gun as Janson walked in.

"you're working late." Teresa chuckled nervously, "See, that's what I like about you, Teresa. No matter how bleak things get, you just...you never give up. times like this, you need a friend you can count on."

"I'll bear that in mind." replied Teresa calmly, "there is one thing you should know. One friend to another. Thomas and Asterin are here." he looked at her and Asterin could feel herself try not to gag at how ugly he is.

Teresa slowly looked at him in panic, "a surveillance picked them up outside the walls. Ava didn't want you to know, but there is a chance that he may try to contact you, and if he does, I'd like to think that I'll be your first call."

Teresa looked at him once again, "are you going you going to kill them?" she asked the man who turned to look at her once again, "would that be a problem?" Teresa gulped, 'yeah, cause if you kill either one of them, the city will skin you alive.' she thought.

The elevator soon came to a stop, "this is me." with that she walked out with Newt following, then Asterin who had a strong grip on her gun, and Thomas who bumped Janson's shoulder.

"Thomas, you have to listen to me. getting that serum won't save Newt. It might buy him some time, but-" she stated, cut off by Newt speaking coldly and pushing her faster.

"Just ignore her. She's trying to get inside your head." spoke the second in command, Teresa turned to look at Asterin pleadingly, "Asterin. Please listen. you know what's going on out there. people are dying. The world is dying. there's something about you and Thomas's blood I don't understand.."

Asterin didn't dare to reply nor could believe herself for believing Teresa about the cure, what if she was right? What if both of them are the cure? She never wanted to trust the girl but the sound of them being the cure said otherwise if she gave her their blood.

Newt will be cured.

"Open it." Ordered Thomas the girl who rolled her eyes and did as told, "let me run some tests, I promise I can protect you!" Thomas in rage took off his mask and stepped towards the girl.

"Oh yeah? Like you protected Minho?" Asterin eyes widened as she grabbed Thomas arm harshly pulling him back, "what are you doing? Tryin' to get us all killed?" She exclaimed harshly at ghe boy, "how many people do they have to torture, kill huh? When the hell does it stop?!"

"It'll stop when we find the cure!"

"There is no god damn cure!" With that Asterin grabbed him by the collar and slammed him against the wall of the elevator, "are you fucking kidding me, I'm tired of this shit, you really decided to say that in front of Newt who's fucking sick- pick that mask up or I swear to god-" she threatened the boy coldly.

Slowly letting go of his collar she backed away slowly.

Asterin did nothing but glare at her, if only she knew what was on her mind, "don't waste your breath Teresa, he made his choice long ago." Janson suddenly spoke behind them, Thomas grabbed Teresa between his arms and aimed his head at the side of her head.

"Back off. Tell them to back off." Said Thomas aiming his gun at Teresa, Asterin pointed her gun at the guards, "hey, Asterin, Thomas come on it's me." He said walking closer to the runners, Asterin pointed her gun at the man with a scowl.

"I know it's you, ratman, I'm not blind." Snapped back the black-haired girl.

"I've known you longer than you can remember. Thomas, you're not gonna shoot her." Spoke Janson calmly, "you don't think so?" Replied Thomas with a scoff, "okay. Go on then. Shoot her. Prove me wrong." dared the man Thomas to shoot. He couldn't move knowing he can't shoot her.

Teresa suddenly pushed him off her and closed the door, Newt grabbing Asterin before the door closed.

Janson started shooting at them but the glass prevented the bullets from touching them, the ratman slammed his hands against the glass while glaring at the trio who shot him dirty looks back.

Asterin kept thinking about Teresa's words and about their blood possibly being the cure as they hid from the guards that were running past them, her eyes widened suddenly, "Thomas! Pur blood, it's the cure!" She exclaimed in a harsh whisper.

Her dark brown eyes wide as she stared at the boy who was already looking at her in disbelief.

"I need to go to the medical room, i'm sure they took our blood there, i'm gonna mix our blood with the serum and test it to see if it beats the virus. I need you to cover me or you should go find Minho while I work." She said getting up from her hiding place.

"We're coming with you." With that they made their way down the hallway towards the medical room.

•°•

After about 5 minutes of hiding and sneaking away from guards she soon reached the room and immediately started working, grabbing her blood along with Thomas's mixing them before putting them along with the virus.

Peering at the microscope her eyes widened as soon as she noticed that their blood wasn't just slowing the virus down but it's destroying it.

"Holy shit.." she muttered clearly not believing that she just found the cure using nothing but both their blood, she grabbed the blue serum they used to send to them back in the maze and mixed the bloods together along with some vitamins for energy.

"Erin we need to hurry! Are you done?" Asked Thomas making his way towards the girk who placed the cure in her pocket closing it so it will not fall, a bright grin on her lips.

"Yeah let's go, Tommy!"

She really found the cure when it's doctors job.

She couldn't be much more proud.